Any one have neck pain?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
amber78945102

Any one have neck pain?

Post by amber78945102 »

I have severe neck pain to the point I have to lay down to take the pressure off of my neck. I know that I have to to lesions on my cervical. I was just wondering if anyone else has this issue and if so what they do to relieve there pain.
nellie
Family Elder

Re: Any one have neck pain?

Post by nellie »

I have numerous bouts with severe neck & back pain including intense spasms. I have multiple cervical spine lesions. In the beginning I would use Aleve & a heating pad but it would take days for relief. At one point I ended up in ER as it moved to my shoulders & I thought I might be having a heart attack. After hearing that I didn't have heart trouble I finally gave in & called for a prescription. I now take cyclobenzaprine when needed & it was a life saver for me.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Any one have neck pain?

Post by jimmylegs »

i used to, for years. went to physio and they did some work to improve the flexibility of my mid-spine. huge difference. the physio also trained me on some exercises to improve the strength of my neck muscles. i also was advised to adjust the driver's seat of my car to be as upright as possible, and how to hold my head when seated. i had two long drives recently, which in the past would have killed me. last week, i only started to get a twinge at the end of the second day of driving. no issues since. physio strongly recommended!!
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.