HELP with posting + what is subscribing?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
proudmutt

HELP with posting + what is subscribing?

Post by proudmutt »

when I look at my posts, there are 3. one I initiated in introductions.
but when I look at the thread I posted on, pktpkt it isn't there. i see "subscription", but have no clue what that is. (I have not been on a forum in quite a few years.)
I posted on another thread, and that post IS THERE.

utterly flummoxed
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Re: HELP with posting + what is subscribing?

Post by euphoniaa »

proudmutt wrote:when I look at my posts, there are 3. one I initiated in introductions.
but when I look at the thread I posted on, pktpkt it isn't there. i see "subscription", but have no clue what that is. (I have not been on a forum in quite a few years.)
I posted on another thread, and that post IS THERE.

utterly flummoxed
Hello, proudmutt, and welcome!

Now, let's see if I can confuse you even more:

1. If you click on your name (as the "author" of this thread), there's a link where you can also click on all your posts. If you check those, you can also see which sub-forum you posted them in.

2. I think that the reason you can't find your post on pktpkt's thread is that it's at the end -- on page three. If you just click on the thread without choosing which page, if takes you to page one.

3. Personally, I have never ever used the "subscription" option on any forum I've visited in the 12 years I've been frequenting MS forums. However, as a relatively new "moderator," I should probably check that out myself. There are several threads at ThisIsMS with posting directions. I'll see if I can find an explanation.

Also, please feel free to send me a PM or Private Message and I'll be glad to try to explain what my MS addled brain tried to explain above... :-D That's up on the upper left of the screen. I'll send you one and see if you can find it.

Good luck!
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
proudmutt

Post by proudmutt »

well, as that DID work, and with your tips, I think I 'll see if I can't just muddle thru. if I get stuck again, i'll get back to you. it sounds like you will be able to un-muddle my gray matter if need be!

many thank yous!
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

proudmutt wrote:i see "subscription", but have no clue what that is.
When you subscribe to a topic or to a forum you will be sent an email that alerts you to the presence of a new post.

Please see the phpBB FAQ http://www.thisisms.com/forum/faq.php as well as the Forums FAQ http://www.thisisms.com/forum/site-supp ... c5284.html for further information about using the forums. Feel free to ask any questions if you don't see the answer you're looking for.

There is also a BBCode FAQ for information on formatting posts. http://www.thisisms.com/forum/faq.php?mode=bbcode

Return to “General Discussion”