The Dental Fillings Cover-Up and the FDA

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Post by NHE »

FDA considered restricting dental fillings with mercury amalgam, but the proposal was squelched by Health & Human Services.

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2015/07/ ... d-the-fda/
centenarian100
Family Elder

Re: The Dental Fillings Cover-Up and the FDA

Post by centenarian100 »

I have a ton of amalgam fillings...and forget about the potential health risks...they look terrible! I don't know why anyone bothers with these.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: The Dental Fillings Cover-Up and the FDA

Post by CureOrBust »

centenarian100 wrote:I have a ton of amalgam fillings...and forget about the potential health risks...they look terrible! I don't know why anyone bothers with these.
I am guessing at the time you had them done, no one offered you the white ones. Amalgam are cheaper than the white polymer ones (and hence are still available by choice), and if you do not get a filling, your only other choice is to pull the tooth out. Just think, they were once the latest technology when they replaced gold fillings.

Personally, I invest in body parts that I will require for the rest of my life!

I had all my amalgam removed (and properly to avoid further mercury contamination during the process), but did not notice any difference in my MS.

Return to “General Discussion”