Finger tremor - has anyone had anything like this?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Finger tremor - has anyone had anything like this?

Postby Fonzie » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi,

I haven't been diagnosed yet, and one of my most common symptoms are finger tremors, mostly in my ring and pinky finger. I recently uploaded a video, and was just wondering if anyone has had anything similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGahe122rPs
Fonzie

Advertisement

Re: Finger tremor - has anyone had anything like this?

Postby Froggie » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:06 pm

Hi Fonzie-

I have what is called an intention tremor in my right hand. When I go to grab something like a fork or use the mouse on my laptop my hand will twitch and sometimes shake. Usually it's my index and pinky fingers, but at times it's my whole hand. It's become bad enough to start teaching myself to sign my name left handed. I've had to use my left hand for some tasks as my right twitches/shakes too much. I tried taking some photos with a digital camera and discovered the hard way I can't hold the shutter button down without my finger twitching. Thank goodness the suckers could be deleted on the spot :mrgreen:
Froggie
Family Elder

Postby StaryNight » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:09 pm

Fonzie
I don't have what you seem to have but I do have tremors in my hands that come and go. It started to affect my writing. My writing would be fine and then suddenly as I was writing it would turn into scribble as I couldn't hold the pen.
Have you spoke with your doc about this/ Any ideas?
StaryNight
Getting to Know You...

Postby Froggie » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:26 pm

StaryNight,

If you want to go the drug route, I was given Propranolol (Inderal?) and tried Primidone as well. The Propranolol worked better than the Primidone in the sense of reducing said tremor, but I stopped taking it as it was undoing all the good the Ampyra exerts on my walking and balance. One approach that I haven't tried yet is Acupuncture. A friend who is not crunchy granola in the least swears by it and recommended it highly. Worth a shot.
Froggie
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion