Biotin seems to be working

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Biotin seems to be working

Postby 1eye » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:41 am

I have not been able to get out and walk because of the snow and my as-yet-not-operated-on collar bone. However my piano playing is sometimes better than it's ever been in my life.

Due to low grip strength I cannot play guitar. However I have been transferring my knowledge of harmony to piano, and it has been enjoyable. I am not ready for prime time because of speed and practise. But it has been a fairly constant problem that I find my left-right co-ordination is broken. Atrophic corpus callosum was one of my earliest problems.

Suddenly this has unexpectedly improved. I hope it is a long-term effect of the biotin, and that it is only the beginning. I have been taking 300 mg daily since last May. I have started to use rice bran as filler.
"Try - Just A Little Bit Harder" - Janis Joplin
CCSVI procedure Albany Aug 2010
'MS' is over - if you want it
Patients sans/without patience

I am not a doctor. Do not take anything I say as medical advice.
1eye
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: Biotin seems to be working

Postby David1949 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:10 am

1 eye,
Has this helped your walking ability in any quantifiable way? For example; did your time improve in the 25 foot timed walk?
David1949
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:40 pm

My performance in the 25-foot timed walk, with a walker, was tested before I received CCSVI treatment, and in addition was tested every 3 months for two years in the failed MBP8298 trial, where I was on placebo. While I think I might be able to walk faster now, I have a sling and can only use my walker one-handed (dangerous) because of my broken collar-bone. Stay tuned.

1eye
Family Elder

Postby Scott1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:30 am

Hi,

I didn't have a great time when I tried 300mg of Biotin. Were there any sensations or noticeable effects in the period when you started that you had to adjust to?

Regards,
Scott1
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:58 am

Nope. I knew placebo would be over by 3 or 4 months, so I didn't even think about it. The first day I thought maybe I was getting a kidney stone, but I drank lots of water and it never recurred. It comes from gut bacteria and there is such a thing as a deficiency, but they say you don't need that much (300 mg). All I know is, I have spent a night in emergency, and had an enema, and many problems with constipation whenever I take codeine. Now, with a broken collar bone, I am on occasionally three number 3 acetaminophen tabs with lots of codeine, and I am regular as sunrise. I credit the biotin.

1eye
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion