No reason to claim lack of funding for no treatment proof?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

No reason to claim lack of funding for no treatment proof?

Postby CureOrBust » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:15 pm

The below wont be "new news" to anyone even slightly following the EBV works, however, it does in my eyes create a new paradigm for people who proclaim a treatment or even a "cure" for MS, but cite funding issues as the reason they have little to no medical research to back their claims.

The Charcott project reached their funding goal in only 20 days, and this achievement was made after it became known their last trial did not reach it primary goals.

https://www.crowdacure.com/
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS CAMPAIGN REACHES £10,000 TARGET!

Thanks to 242 backers the Multiple Sclerosis campaign has reached its target in just 20 days, you will soon be updated on the project progress!

Thank you so much everyone for being a part of our first campaign and most importantly supporting medical progress!

See the list at: https://www.crowdacure.com/fight-MS

I read so many posts on here of people who obviously have a strong belief in some medically unproven treatments, which to me says they would be prime donation candidates.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Advertisement

Re: No reason to claim lack of funding for no treatment proo

Postby 1eye » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 pm

So what it comes down to is small donations from small individuals being able to establish truth better, more effectively, than giant multinationals spending billions. The truth is, you are more likely to encounter truth when talking to those individuals.

There is no truth in academia. Testimony of people who are being paid large sums and have massive conflicts of interest is routinely given heavy weight by governments, bureaucracies, scientific journals, and judges. The people who are paid handsome sums for these opinions are the very ones teaching the next generations of doctors and scientists. There should be automatic invalidation by peer-reviewers, editors, researchers, professors, teachers, anybody with half a brain, whenever there is even a hint of conflict. But these people maintain an iron curtain of acceptance of anything which seems to have a large enough price tag. The next generation of students are none the wiser. The suppression of truth continues, because there is more money in falsehood than truth.

So give to a crowd-funded research project today. You are more likely to encounter the truth than you are when you donate to the MS Society, your local school or hospital, pay your taxes, or invest in a drug company.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
1eye
Family Elder

Postby CureOrBust » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:36 pm

1eye wrote:So give to a crowd-funded research project today.
My point and the issue I have, is that a number of internet supported treatments for MS claim very high effectiveness, but use funding as the reason for not having the supporting studies completed. Where are they now? The guys above have shown it can be done without big pharma behind you. Admittedly, their funding request seems pretty small. :?

I am a little surprised my above post (and a similar one specifically in the Coimbra thread), have had such little response from those that support those treatments (I was expecting top be burnt at the stake). Maybe there was no response as there is something in the works that they wish to be hush-hush about for now? :mrgreen:
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Postby 1eye » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:28 am

CureOrBust wrote:
1eye wrote:So give to a crowd-funded research project today.
My point and the issue I have, is that a number of internet supported treatments for MS claim very high effectiveness, but use funding as the reason for not having the supporting studies completed. Where are they now? The guys above have shown it can be done without big pharma behind you. Admittedly, their funding request seems pretty small. :?

I am a little surprised my above post (and a similar one specifically in the Coimbra thread), have had such little response from those that support those treatments (I was expecting top be burnt at the stake). Maybe there was no response as there is something in the works that they wish to be hush-hush about for now? :mrgreen:

No doubt there are some axes being ground, but let's' face it, TiMS is just noise compared to the money and resources being spent to market and sell conventional MS drugs. I think if crowdfunded efforts have so far been small, it's because they haven't tried to go big yet. When they do, we might see some headlines.
This unit of entertainment not brought to you by FREMULON.
Not a doctor.
1eye
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion