dizziness

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

dizziness

Postby froggygirl23 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:00 pm

Is the dizziness associated with ms vertigo (spinning) or the other kind like lightheadness or "floating"?
User avatar
froggygirl23
Family Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:00 pm

Advertisement

Re: dizziness

Postby Minai » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:48 pm

Hi,

There again, it just depends on where the MS damage is occurring, and/or where inflammation is. Cerebellum, inner ear, optic nerve, any, or any combination, etc.

E.g. Here's a rundown on the vestibular effects:

http://www.medicinenet.com/vestibular_balance_disorders/page10.htm

Minai
User avatar
Minai
Family Member
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:00 pm

more on dizziness

Postby jimmylegs » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:43 am

hi i read dizziness can also be associated with nerves that control blood pressure. i do not know if this means someone with that kind of nerve problem would only have postural hypotension type dizziness or if it could affect a person all the time.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Re: dizziness

Postby NHE » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:31 am

froggygirl23 wrote:Is the dizziness associated with ms vertigo (spinning) or the other kind like lightheadness or "floating"?

I don't get vertigo, i.e., the spinning type of dizziness. However, I find that I'm much more sensitive to motion than I used to be. Years ago, I used to go on rides such as the zipper at the state fair and enjoy it while trying to get the car to flip upside down on purpose. I also used to be able to read in a moving car. Now? Well, now I can't even go on the swings with my niece and nephew when I take them to the playground. I can't really explain the feeling, it's not a spinning type of dizziness, it's sort of like a nauseating pressure in my head. Do I think it's MS related? You bet. Damn disease!

NHE
User avatar
NHE
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 3357
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2004 4:00 pm

Re: dizziness

Postby Minai » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:24 am

NHE wrote:I don't get vertigo, i.e., the spinning type of dizziness. However, I find that I'm much more sensitive to motion than I used to be. Years ago, I used to go on rides such as the zipper at the state fair and enjoy it while trying to get the car to flip upside down on purpose. I also used to be able to read in a moving car. Now? Well, now I can't even go on the swings with my niece and nephew when I take them to the playground. I can't really explain the feeling, it's not a spinning type of dizziness, it's sort of like a nauseating pressure in my head. Do I think it's MS related? You bet. Damn disease!


Have you considered trying manganese supplements for this?

I, too, had had this problem all my life, increasingly worse before and after MS diagnosis. That is, until one of the alternative docs I consulted, recommended manganese supplements. Works like a charm for me. No more getting sick flying, riding thru mountains, on the merry-go-round. Really never thought it ever possible.

Manganese deficiency is thought to be linked to Meniere's disease. Have to wonder about possible MS links, too. :?

Minai
User avatar
Minai
Family Member
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:00 pm

mangtastic

Postby jimmylegs » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:54 am

that is so interesting about the manganese! i have just been making up my mind to buy some after a diff chat about b-complex vitamins and blood glucose regulation.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator
 
Posts: 9023
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:00 pm

Re: mangtastic

Postby Minai » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:35 am

jimmylegs wrote:that is so interesting about the manganese! i have just been making up my mind to buy some after a diff chat about b-complex vitamins and blood glucose regulation.


Have you ever been tested for deficiency? I know excess is not good, either.

Shortly after diagnosis, I tested at .12, Normal range being, .15-.65. Started the supplements, and a year later tested in excess, at 1.1. So, I cut back, and tested two months ago, at .24. Within normal range, but should probably start taking slightly more, again.

Never, ever want to experience the motion sickness, again. Like NHE said, it wasn't vertigo, it was nausea from the awful overwhelming pressure-like feeling in the head. All I know is I had it then, when I tested low, and don't have it, now.

Minai
User avatar
Minai
Family Member
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:00 pm


Return to General Discussion

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: silverbelle990


Contact us | Terms of Service