Neuromuscular Stimulation

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Tif
Family Elder

Re: Neuromuscular Stimulation

Post by Tif »

Hi Hugo,

How and/or where do they put the electrodes? How do they decide which muscles to work? is it a 'set'/predetermined group that gets worked? That would add to the need to work out at the same time, so that the other muscles are worked. I would think it's great to work out at the same time for both of the protocols'.

It (lying down or sitting) definitely makes working out doable for those who have progressed and cannot stand independently.

They do have the 'normal' people to workout at the same time to maximize benefits. Actually, the business is geared to people trying to lose weight and tone up. Also, to competitive body builders. I just decided on my own to try it and was ecstatic with the results.

Do you put any electrodes on the bottom/top of your feet? Do you have numbness in your feet? Can you still move your feet around?

Can individuals buy the jackets or only sold to businesses? I didn't see prices...

I'm so glad these things are helping us!!!

Keep us posted!
Tiff
vesta
Family Elder

Re: Neuromuscular Stimulation

Post by vesta »

Greetings:

Thanks to both Hugo and Tiff for this great idea. I'm going to look into finding appropriate therapists / health centers. Swimming maks me feel so much better, it gets the fluids/énergies circulating, but it doesn't work on specific muscle groups, so I assume neuromuscular stimulation will enhance circulation AND re-awaken the nervous system. Great idea. (Your inititiatives are a good example of using what's available creatively)

Best regards, Vesta (and thanks Tiff for answering my question).