Neuromuscular Stimulation

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Neuromuscular Stimulation

Postby Tif » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello All,

I have started doing neuromuscular stimulation, where they attach electrodes to your body. The machine goes through 3 steps: Circulation, Detox and Muscle Rehab

Has anyone else tried this?

I'm having GREAT results.

My first session I went in for an hour. After, I was so relaxed and energized at the same time, it just felt so good. So from there, I hop into my wheelchair and go home. Prior to the session, when I tried to stand, my knees would collapse together from being so weak. After that one visit, my knees did not collapse, I stood up with knees apart. So I promptly made an appointment for the following day :-D I am still doing it and improving, so I was wondering if anyone else is doing this... I mean, wow, what a difference it makes in a number of ways...

Tif
Tif
Family Member

Advertisement

Re: Neuromuscular Stimulation

Postby NHE » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:25 pm

Hi Tif,
Thanks for posting. That sounds great! I hope that you continue to see improvements.
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Neuromuscular Stimulation

Postby Tif » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:49 am

Hi NHE,

Another improvement I had, was with the feeling in my toes/feet. My feet have been numb for years, and my toes, IF they did bend it would only be at the upper toe joint (closest to the foot). The rest of the toes stay board straight and/or would not move down at all. I had the electrodes on the bottom and top of my feet for all 3 phases (circulation, detox and muscle rehab). After a couple of sessions I could feel the loops(the inside of the sock) with my toes. I could literally feel the individual loops that made up the sock.... I still have feeling in my feet, I can feel my shoe where I felt nothing before, they have been super numb for years. When I move my toes around I can feel the material of my shoes or socks.....pretty cool, if you ask me:) Another improvement is my toes are bending at 3 places now, instead of being completely stiff and not moving at all. Right now my left side is bending in 3 places and my right side has a couple toes bending in 3 places. But for the years that they have been not working, I find these improvements to be unbelievably great!

I can visually see my muscles are larger and there are muscles coming back that have disappeared from being inactive and in a wheelchair for so long....going to a gym is not an option.

This is not tens unit.

Anyone else try this yet? Why aren't we all doing it, if it works? Does it come down to insurance coverage? Is the 'm.s. world' aware of how much it really helps??

Tif
Tif
Family Member

Return to General Discussion