Survey assesses how health professionals treat MS patients..

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
MSUK
Family Elder

Survey assesses how health professionals treat MS patients..

Post by MSUK »

Survey assesses how health professionals treat other health conditions in MS patients

Healthcare providers frequently assess multiple sclerosis patients for the development of other health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, pain and sleep disturbance, according to results of a survey-study. The study also includes information about how health professionals treat and counsel MS patients diagnosed with these conditions...Read more - http://www.ms-uk.org/survey-assesses-ho ... nts-060117
MS-UK - http://www.ms-uk.org/
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Survey assesses how health professionals treat MS patien

Post by Scott1 »

Don't often winge but this sort of third tier survey based drivel really annoys me. When I was admitted to hospital in a very bad way 2 and a half years ago I had pain killers and antidepressants shoved at me because I "must be in pain" and I must "look depressed". Neither was true but the questions and statements they use lead you to a knee jerk agreement. No one knew what to do when I said "no I wasn't". All their strategies just collapsed and they then had to deal, as I did, with the true issues associated with a bad attack. They endlessly kept trying to make me get in a wheelchair and I kept refusing, preferring to shuffle at my own speed. Now I am highly mobile, MS blockbuster drug free and defying their prognosis.
When this sort of secondary school quality junk is dressed up as tier 1 investigation it is no surprise that so many people end up on antidepressants when they will not change their symptoms and pumped full of pain killers that mask the feedback your body is giving you. There is a rightful place for these treatments but this sort of self serving crap doesn't help people recover. You might as well put a pillow over someones face so you don't have to listen to them.
If there is a human behind the MSUK robot please have a good critical review of the stuff you distribute. The logic seems to be: tell a lie today. If no one picked it up tell it again tomorrow because if nobody argues for two days it must be true. This sort of research is awful, uncritical gibberish.