New MS diagnosis

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Myxo1402

New MS diagnosis

Post by Myxo1402 »

Hello everyone, glad to have found this website.
I am a 28 years old male, and i was diagnosed with MS 2 days ago, its the first time i hear about it , i started my treatment today , solu medrol infusion .
I have no idea what to expect and how that would affect my life and my work.
Doctors gave me a general idea , nothing clear yet though.
Its almost 2 AM where i am now , looks like i have to get used to the "insomnia" everyone is talking about.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Re: New MS diagnosis

Post by Scott1 »

Hi,

The solumedrol is a short term, very standard way to deal with an obvious inflammation. You wont be on it for long. It can make you appear a bit hyper although you don't notice it. It's a transitory effect. The other it thing can do, subject to the dose, is make you feel a bit like a diabetic . If you feel weak, have a bit of apple juice and 20 minutes later you'll be fine. Again, it's a transitory effect.
What comes next is up to your medical advisors and, more importantly, up to you. This site is loaded with all sorts of experiences you can draw on. You don't have to slavishly follow your doctors. In fact, some doctors love to be questioned (others don't).
Check in when you have a clearer picture of your short term path and just ask questions.

Regards,
Myxo1402

Post by Myxo1402 »

Thank you . I'll surely try to understand more about it.
I work in aviation , and am getting a treatment from an aviation doctor , as he is the one who decides my fitness to fly after the treatment.
He is not the one who diagnosed me with MS , so i never dealt eith him before, i hope he knows what he is doing.
Scott1
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Scott1 »

My son gets his commercial licence today.

I wouldn't like to guess how your test will be interpreted.

Hopefully you have an insurance arrangement if it is a negative outcome. Whatever the doctor says, he is not speaking about your outlook, only the rules related to your job. Good luck and I hope you keep flying.

Regards,
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

fancy. i quit right before the spin recovery lesson. after my instructor demoed it at the end of the stall lesson. D:
active members shape site content. if there is a problem, speak up!
use the report button to flag problematic post content to volunteer moderators' attention.
MSKarateka
Family Member

Post by MSKarateka »

Scott1 wrote:Hi,

The solumedrol is a short term, very standard way to deal with an obvious inflammation. You wont be on it for long. It can make you appear a bit hyper although you don't notice it. It's a transitory effect. The other it thing can do, subject to the dose, is make you feel a bit like a diabetic . If you feel weak, have a bit of apple juice and 20 minutes later you'll be fine. Again, it's a transitory effect.
What comes next is up to your medical advisors and, more importantly, up to you. This site is loaded with all sorts of experiences you can draw on. You don't have to slavishly follow your doctors. In fact, some doctors love to be questioned (others don't).
Check in when you have a clearer picture of your short term path and just ask questions.

Regards,
The Sulomedrol gave me bad indigestion so I could not sleep. But, the benefit was I did not feel that tired because of the lack of sleep. I have just been diagnosed as well.
Myxo1402

Post by Myxo1402 »

I managed to sleep 4 hours after my first sulo medrol, from what i have read so far, that was very good .
The aviatilon doctor told me they had a couple of case where crew returned to fly after the treatment, so thats not a bad sign.
Thx all for the support , and good luck to everyone.
ZSchriefer1

Post by ZSchriefer1 »

Feel sorry for your suffering. Stick RPG 2 unblocked