Breathing to treat ms

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jamesmatheson

Breathing to treat ms

Post by jamesmatheson »

I wonder if anyone has tried wearing surgical masks. I wear surgical masks regularly and they tremendously boost my esteem and let me function a lot better in society. I was told ms is a nervous system disorder. Air regulation plays a huge role in the information the nervous system receives. I believe that with the right things in the surgical mask like an additive that releases when the person is feeling discomfort could make symptoms decrease ( just like doing drugs but instead the drug is released gradually in a mist instead of doing them all at once) These are surgical masks https://photos.app.goo.gl/GZqdObQNitWCqxd23, I wear 2 because with 2 i can regulate my breathing better because one can go on the nose the second i can wear on top of the first one an adjust the metal strip. It really boosts my energy a lot. I believe that with the right additives that the nervous system can be controlled by breathing. https://photos.app.goo.gl/xP1VePPutpm7W85G2

If any of you can get funding to test this project it would be very fun. One truth is if someone used let us say a 3d printer designed mask like this https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:423029 and added a vaporizer to the mask that released a pain killer that the person wearing the mask wouldn't feel pain when it released the vaporizer and wouldn't be required to take a pill to stop pain. ( wearing a surgical mask is essential , breathing straight air is not safe breathing straight air with these masks casues sever heart problems)

Hopefully someone can test this out. I believe the nervous system can be controlled by breathing the right additives

One more amazing thing that works. Is making the brain relieve symptoms by giving it a reward . So if your feeling symptoms the nose mask releases a pain killer in small dose to tell the brain to relax and use a scent. And gradually remove the pain killer and just release the scent and see if the brain stops the symptoms by placebo. I guarantee at the least if the mask released a pain killer that the pain would be stopped. Similar to marijuana but in a more controlled method and not necessarily marijuana because I have seen other drugs that are more effective pain killer than marijuana. Not saying marijuana does or doesn't work.
ElliotB
Family Elder

Re: Breathing to treat ms

Post by ElliotB »

What drugs are you aware of that help with nerve pain?
eventhis
Getting to Know You...

Post by eventhis »

Uhhh...hmmm.. Glad the double mask works for you. Do you have MS?
koneall
Family Elder

Post by koneall »

Medical grade masks filter particles to the nanogram level. For the life-long hypochondriac that I am I still can't see any benefit to a mask. Fine, one mask might keep you from catching a virus. So will hand washing. But two masks don't help any more and might make breathing a bit difficult. I know distance runners will sometimes use a mask to inhibit air inhalation, in a sense to mimic high altitude. But this is for training. Not for wearing all day at work, etc.
Family Member

Post by Guest »

which drugs helps us for the nerve or brain pain
koneall
Family Elder

Post by koneall »

For my first attack of MS nine months ago I was put Tylenol/codeine.