Hydrogen peroxide is a wonder drug to some, lethal to others
Katherine Bibeau was willing to try any treatment that would slow her decline from multiple sclerosis (MS) and keep her out of a wheelchair. In March 2004, after hearing about a “longevity physician” who offered a revolutionary therapy for people with MS and other illnesses, the mother of two from Minnesota travelled to West Columbia in South Carolina to find out more.
At his Health Dimensions Clinic, Dr James Shortt arranged to give the 53-year-old medical technician an infusion of a chemical that he touted as a cutting-edge alternative treatment. It was something dirt cheap and readily available that many of us might find somewhere in our bathrooms: hydrogen peroxide, which is often used as hair dye or mouthwash, and as an antiseptic.
After the first of three planned injections, the doctor’s records report that Bibeau complained of “nausea”, “leg pain” and later “bruises”, with no clear cause. Within days she had died.
Give me goat's blood any day