Currently in Tovaxin IIB Clinical Trial

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

cool

Post by notasperfectasyou »

CureOrBust wrote:
notasperfectasyou wrote:ok. I'm a numbers guy. what does this really mean? It sounds like a comparison to me. They are measuring relapse reduction - is that number of exaserbations compared to prior year? Given what this therapy is saying it does, I'd prefer to see something like 90% of patients had NO relapses. The implication is that folks had exaserbations, it's just that they had fewer of them.
Going from MEMORY. In the trial where the 90% was quoted, one person had one relapse. I dont know how many people or how long the trial was for. ... see link for abstract ... It would also appear that the relapse occured in the lower dosage group.

This is really interesting. Is more than the abstract available? As I read it is does sound like only one exception. If that one exception was the 8%, then about 12 folks were in the evaluation. Do I have this right? napay
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
Lyon
Family Elder

Re: cool

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: cool

Post by CureOrBust »

notasperfectasyou wrote:This is really interesting. Is more than the abstract available?
The following url gives a little more:
http://www.bcmtechnologies.com/ne_relea ... ve=y&id=38
All patients in the Dose 2 group had a 100% reduction in MRTC counts at the week five follow-up visit. Percentage reductions were greater in the Dose 2 group than in the Dose 1 group at every follow-up visit. Correlation between the reduction in overall MRTC frequencies and the physical component of the MSIS (p=0.0086) was strong. There was a trend to improved EDSS (p=0.0561). The annual relapse rate (ARR) for the patients prior two years before therapy was 1.28 and following therapy the ARR was 0.10 (92 percent reduction) adjusted for the number of months in the study.