Currently in Tovaxin IIB Clinical Trial

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
pvns2005
Family Member

Currently in Tovaxin IIB Clinical Trial

Post by pvns2005 »

I have been accepted in the Tovaxin Phase IIb Clinical Trial. I have created an online journal that will track my progress during the trial. You can view my online journal here http://blog.360.yahoo.com/pvns2005 . If you have any questions for me you can contact me through Yahoo IM or Yahoo Email. My Yahoo ID is pvns2005.
ewizabeth
Family Elder

Post by ewizabeth »

Hi Pvns,

I'm trying to get into that trial also. I look forward to your contributions. I will update if I get accepted.
Take care, Ewizabeth Previously Avonex, Rebif & Copaxone RRMS ~Tysabri, 31 infusions, ended 9/09. Starting Copaxone 12/09, waiting for Cladribine to be approved in 2010.
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

Thanx for posting here. I wish you all the best. I really believe in Tovaxin. I think that it will have really good success. Keep us posted and have fun.
NN
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Good Luck! and thanks for posting here.
carolew
Family Elder

Post by carolew »

It would be soooooo nice to read of your success. PLEASE keep us posted and best of luck... Carole
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I will most definitely be checking that out and putting it in my favorites. I get my first injection will be on the 28th of this month. I will be very interested to see how it makes someone else feel.

Lew Chapman
Dayton, Ohio
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
connieb
Family Member

Post by connieb »

Thank you for posting and best of luck-- I sooo hope this drug works for you-- and all of us!
ljm
Family Elder

Post by ljm »

Bob, I know this isn't the focus on this thread, but the EDSS you described for your wife was surprising and alarming. I would have thought 3.5/10 would entail some obvious impairment. I'm wondering whether I should ask for a more thorough exam, no one has ever suggested an EDSS level for me, I assumed I wasn't even on the scale. Are you sure, err, that there wasn't an effort to find a higher EDSS than might otherwise have been noted? (I'm assuming neuros were part of clinic selected for trial)
Last edited by ljm on Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sh8un
Family Elder

Post by sh8un »

ljm
That's exactly what I thought when I read Lyon's post.
NN
pvns2005
Family Member

Loobie

Post by pvns2005 »

Loobie
What was the date you had your blood drawn to make the Tovaxin vaccine?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

Lyon wrote:At any rate, we aren't going to be able to notice obvious changes because she has no obvious disability.
Write down her failings in the exam the nuero gave her, and repeat it yourself, even video it if you can. You may be able to see the change over time. The video will keep it more controlled. just an idea for your own comfort.

The 3.5 EDSS for someone who doesnt appear to be impared does sound high. One of the complaints of the EDSS you hear, is that it tends to weigh more on walking.
Melody
Family Elder

Post by Melody »

CureOrBust wrote:
Lyon wrote:
The 3.5 EDSS for someone who doesnt appear to be impared does sound high. One of the complaints of the EDSS you hear, is that it tends to weigh more on walking.

Here our Neurologist splits it up John is 0 for mobility but rates a 4.5 for his eye(optic neuritis). The Dr. says it's impossible to combine the 2 as the EDSS was meant to measure mobility really the eye he seems to consider a mere nuisance. :lol:
John was diagnosed Jan 2005. On lipitor 20mg .On Copaxone since July 4,2005. Vitamin D3 2000iu-4000iu (depending on sunshine months)June 10 2005(RX::Dr. O'Connor) Omega 3 as well Turmeric since April 2005. Q10 60mg. 1500mg liquid Glucosamine Nov 2005.
connieb
Family Member

Post by connieb »

I'm a little confused about which phase Tovaxin is in. The govt. clinical trial site (whatever the official title is) lists is as Phase II. So how realistic is Opexa's claim on their web site that they could have it on the market by 2010?