Uric acid crops up again

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

uric acid stuff

Post by jimmylegs »

hey there lib, no prob re: the info, you can thank LC for my little veterinary diatribe lol!

and yes i hear you re: the fructose. i think that's more something for the gouties to worry about and don't think we uric acid deficient crew need to be thinking we should down it in order to get our levels up! but yea, purine foods (i hear ya re: organ meats, lucky there's plenty of decent meat and veg moderate sources!), lots of zinc to combat the high copper, a nice fat b-complex with a good chunk of B2 in it, that should help us all antioxidize ourselves nicely!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: bloodwork important!

Post by CureOrBust »

CureOrBust wrote:I just pulled out my blood test results. For uric acid it states a normal range of 0.2 to 0.46 mmol/L. My results have been:
10/5/05 0.17* the one below nrm, which started me on inosine
28/6/05 0.27 within norm, thank you inosine...
27/9/05 0.41
16/5/06 0.27
Woo-hoo! just got my latest blood test results and they were 0.43, my highest yet!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

good on ya cure!

Post by jimmylegs »

heya right on cure! that inosine is really doing the trick! do we have the levels that the inosine studies got patients up to "without adverse effects"?

don't want to be a downer in light of your good news but please do check out the jimmylegs: re: uric acid thread for cautions on levels too high... moderation being the key it seems.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

inosine study wrote:oral administration of inosine leads to an easily controlled hyperuricemia without associated side-effects
inosine study wrote:None of the patients treated showed any adverse effect of the inosine treatment.
inosine study wrote:(previously) Inosine had been administered orally to MS patients starting at doses of 1g daily and increasing to 3g daily (given twice).
I am on 2g daily (in two 1g doses per day). As well as Lecithin and recently some brewers yeast tablets. But when I did the numbers on those tablets I realised the amount of purines in a tablet are a drop in the ocean.

They adjusted their inosine dose to keep the levels above 0.315 for men. They state the "normal range" is between .21 and .42. In australia, the pathology labs quote it as being between .2 and .46. As long as i remain below 0.46, and do not develop any indications of side effects, I am VERY happy. Even if I develop an inkling of side effects, I know that stopping the inosine and stuff will lower my levels WAY down and fairly quickly. So, I am in control.

I just checked, and whoever edited the wiki page for Hyperuricemia has the normal male range up to .53! They have not supplied any reference to support this value.
moderation being the key it seems
Thanks for your concern, however in uric acid I think moderation would be the key for a healthy control. I also think i am showing moderation by keeping it within the range recommended by the pathology lab. Those without MS do better with zero CRABS injected into their bodies. And lets not forget, a large part of the medical community suggests a relatively low intake of Vit D...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

hyperuricemia

Post by jimmylegs »

troo troo, as long as you don't get any gouty side effects keep those levels as high as you feel happy with!