Provigil - Things you learn when without

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

Provigil - Things you learn when without

Post by notasperfectasyou »

The Curascript folks are late again. Last time it was with the Copaxone and this time with Provigil. We've been 3 days now without Provigial and it has clearly started to impact walking, balance and (logically) energy.

This morning we got a few samples from our neuro and .... Wham! Everything is back. Clearly it's not a cure, but it does help get through from day to day and somehow it's helping with balance.

Wondering if others are on Provigil and if you've had a similar experience. I ask this because I have not seen Provigil on the boards and it's very clear to us that it's helpful.
napay
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.
gwa
Family Elder

mail in orders

Post by gwa »

I do not use Provigil, but wanted to comment on the late order.

After having three late prescriptions this past year from Caremark, I am determined to not use any more mail in companies and will not give away my 1 year prescription to them again.

It is not worth the worry to save a few dollars. I am going to use Walmart or Walgren my next go around. Companies can really hold you hostage when they have the only copy of your prescription.

Hope you get the med soon.

gwa
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

I realize it's been almost a year since your post, napay-
but I wanted to say that provigil has been transforming in my husband's life. I'm so glad it's helped you, too. He couldn't make it thru the day without a 2 hour nap, and even fell asleep driving soon after his dx of MS last March (thank God, just a fender bender). He tried amantadine for awhile (that's the protocol in the states) and was OK, but with provigil, he is the man I remember.

He is able to run (!), drive the car, and stay out until the evening. Our son commented, "He's like Dad again!" It's been such a blessing for all of us.

Our insurance will not cover it, since it's "off label" usage for MS...and it costs $370 a month (ouch) but it is worth every penny. Modafinil helps nerve communication between the brain and spinal column, is called a "mood brightener" and works wonders for many MSers. I'm hoping it will be approved by our insurance someday.

Hope you are well,
AC
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

cheerleader wrote:He is able to run (!)
Has it just been a fatigue thing previously stopping him? or has it improved his motor skills as well?
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Hey cure-
He saw an immediate improvement in energy level, but a secondary improvement in balance and coordination (an unexpected benefit of the provigil.) Perhaps this was just from a lessening of his fatigue?

not sure,
AC

Return to “General Discussion”