MS and Breast Implants

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

MS and Breast Implants

Postby INADREAM » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:09 am

Has anyone here have Breast Implants.. I was diagnosed with MS and Am trying to figure out if possible What and Why. I am praying that I didnt do this to myself. I can remeber back when I was about 30-31 I was breaking out in sweats at night and having heart palipations, But I was working out really hard back then. I went to the Doctor but the werent sure what it was. I was suppose to get more testing done but my husband left the Military in the middle of what was happening and it didnt happen again once we got back to the states. We were in itlay. There was a couple of time were I felt out of control and overwhelmed more then I would normal. I had to call my husband once to come see me because I just felt like something bad was happening. when I was 34 when I had breast implants done. I really didnt start feeling like I am floating ouside of myself to a noticable extent after I turned 40. I had an infection in my gland in my neck and everything just flooded in after that nightsweats again heart palipations and had to breath when I swallowed my throught felt weard I dont feel that any more.
INADREAM

Advertisement

Postby Muu » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:03 am

It's a natural reaction to a diagnosis of MS to ask "What did I do? What didn't I do?" There are many theories outlined here on the site as to possible causes of MS but as yet no definite answers. Thousands of people are and millions are being spent investigating possible causes and treatments. Please don't beat yourself up about the breast implants.
muu
Muu
Family Elder

Still

Postby INADREAM » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:16 am

Iam trying not to. I Really wanted to know if anyone else on the site might have implant. If maybe they had them taken out or if anyone has heard of reports about people with implant coming up with MS. I dont want to be Obsessed about it but I just needed to ask these questions because there on my mind.
INADREAM

Breast implants

Postby lyndacarol » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:23 pm

I have never had breast implants, but I seem to recall that silicone implants were taken off the market for a while because many women appeared before a congressional investigational committee claiming that the implants had caused MS or some other autoimmune disease.

After investigation the implants were put back on the market because scientists found no basis for the claim.

Perhaps you can find this history on the Internet (even connect with some of the witnesses); or surely a doctor in this specialty could relate these events with evidence of the studies. It would seem best to start by discussing this with your doctor.
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Postby Lyon » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:29 pm

I thought I remembered the same thing so I checked earlier tonight Lynda and you're absolutely right.

Although they were put back on the market it's only on a very limited basis, not for strictly cosmetic reasons and only when silicone would work better than saline.

I was surprised to read that after silicone implants are removed they suggest waiting for things to heal before installing the saline implants because even they have a silicone coating. I'm not sure why that's necessary.

I had an appointment and had to stop my search but I also found what might have been a whacko site mentioning that autoimmune symptoms were also being reported about the saline implants but I need to look into that further because I'd never heard that before.

Bob
Lyon
Family Elder

Postby INADREAM » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:25 am

I have tried to find more information on people who have had issue with thier implants but I cant find any sites that have real people. I only come up with plastic surgeons.
INADREAM

Postby Lyon » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:37 am

Hi INADREAM,
Yeah, I get the idea that you would like to find someone with MS who has had their implants removed and either did or didn't experience an improvement of symptoms.

I hope you do run across someone, but the odds probably aren't very high.

I haven't had time to look into it again but it would be interesting to find out if the people who have experienced the autoimmune symptoms due to/possibly due to the implants....had brain lesions. I wouldn't think so. If you were diagnosed you have lesions which would tend to separate the two situations.

Bob
Lyon
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion