LDN trial to start

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
TwistedHelix
Family Elder

LDN trial to start

Post by TwistedHelix »

gwa
Family Elder

Post by gwa »

TH,

There is also an Italian study of LDN underway now too. I am looking forward to possible positive news from the trials.

If I were not living one step from the end of the planet in Oklahoma and had access to the doctors that prescribed LDN, I would try it myself. There are many people with SPMS reporting positive results in online groups.

The recent LDN trial which showed great results for people with Crohn's disease was also encouraging.

gwa
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

gwa wrote:If I were not living one step from the end of the planet in Oklahoma and had access to the doctors that prescribed LDN, I would try it myself.
I am guessing you are in the USA (Oklahoma was the give away...). Now if I understand correctly, you can order medication over the phone, or even from mexico or canada. So, if you get some reviva tablets (ie full dose naltrexone). couldn't you crush and make your own?
gwa
Family Elder

crush my own

Post by gwa »

COB

One of my concerns with using LDN is that the people using it seem to get their dosage, side effects, etc from users online. If the trial results are good enough to bring LDN into the mainstream, then takers won't have to rely on internet users for info.

If I am going to take it, I want it prescribed by a physician that can monitor me. Also, I have had something wrong in my head (pressure) for years and am reluctant to start popping pills that are doing something in my brain.

Thanks for your tips though.

gwa