T1 Black holes more relevant than T2

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
TwistedHelix
Family Elder

T1 Black holes more relevant than T2

Post by TwistedHelix »

I think this just confirms current understanding:

Pubmedtinyurl

Dom.
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

So that means that the last relapse I had and proceding MRI that showed that I had twice the lesions I originally did 2 years go is a really bad thing?
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

It depends if you have T1 or T2 lesions...hypointense lesions (black holes) are the bad ones. I have "t2 hyperintense/t1 hypointense areas" from my first attack which probably explains why I can't walk and never will be able to.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

viper498 wrote:So that means that the last relapse I had and proceding MRI that showed that I had twice the lesions I originally did 2 years go is a really bad thing?
Hi Brock,
I don't know enough about this subject to speculate but every time I see this post the same question comes to mind "how many lesions then and now?" From my wife's experience neuros don't usually commit to exact numbers but have they given you any ideas?

Since seeing this post I've been looking for a study I saw earlier in which the researcher mentioned that "on average" people only experience symptoms from every 6th or 7th lesion, maybe that has some bearing on your situation?

In the end it seems that MRI's telling lesion loads do more to get people worked up than it does to help. Your rate of progression is all that matters. Of course there is no good progression but it doesn't sound like you've done worse than average in these last two years.

How are you doing? We haven't heard from you since this post.

Bob

Return to “General Discussion”