Could it be?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
robbie
Family Elder

Could it be?

Post by robbie »

MacKintosh wrote:In different people, it manifests differently. Sometimes it gets into the brain and becomes MS, sometimes the joints and becomes rheumatoid arthritis, sometimes chronic fatigue syndrome, high blood pressure, etc.

If this is true then all the other research and drugs are just a mistake. All the people that are trying these drugs must really wonder if they are doing the right thing. For someone just starting out they have the neurologist telling them one thing and then in the back of their mind they are thinking could one of these alternative therapies be the answer. You just want to believe in something but what. For me it doesn’t really matter I am done with drugs but I really like to read and see where this is all going, This web-site will be even better in the future. I hope some of the same people that we have all gotten to know are still here so we can really see the results of all this stuff. I am not saying one way or another whats right and whats wrong but this is huge if it turns out that abx is the the right path. We are in two different spectrums of treatment here, antibiotics vs major immune system altering medication

Anecdote wrote:Robbie, this is going to be as big a change in the status quo as when Marshall and Warren proved that stomach ulcers were caused by helico bacter pylori:
Last edited by robbie on Tue May 22, 2007 11:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Robbie,

Where/ who did the quotes come from?

Brock
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Viper 498, This might be something you could try. Sounds pretty good, i brought it over from the antibiotics forum, thought more people would see it here..
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Due to my relapse that I am currently experiencing, I went to the Neuro today. Just got back. I asked the doctors Nurse (she is an MSCN), who is the one who saw me today, if she would prescribe Minocycline for me, then I gladly handed her all of my research on it. She said she doesn't have a good reason why she will not prescribe, so she will call me by Monday with the prescription. She wanted to do a bit of research on her own before signing off. She said that she is open to it and that the safety profile is there, and the cost to benefit would excellent if it worked even a little. So I should be starting Minocycline by next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also gave me a script for Prednisone for my current relapse. Lets hope the damage isn't permanent.

This is great to me. At least I get to try something that I think might work, or at least work better than Rebif. The deal is I have to take rebif and mino... She won't endorse the replacement. I told her "Deal".

Brock
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Sounds good Brock, what made you decide to go with mino instead of going with the full abx regime or is it the same? Anyway i think you will get back to feeling normal soon, keep us posted on how you feel.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

Well I guess its basically because I have been following Mino since I was diagnosed, and the new study that came out of canada lookeed good so I think its worth at least trying that. I don't want to get to crazy with the ABX, yet.

Brock
Chris55
Family Elder

Post by Chris55 »

GREAT for you Robbie! I, too, have read lots of very promising info about Mino. If you question the Rebif & Mino combinatiion, you can always stop the Rebif. That is what my daughter did when she started taking her supplements and began to experience significant improvements. Then, to stop the automatic shipments, she told her MS nurse that she was going to get pregnant and did not want to be on Avonex. Don't guess you can use that same excuse?!?!?

Please keep us posted. As I have said--over and over--if it does no harm and it just might help and you don't have to mortgage your home, soul and body...God, why not!!!

And I wish you the VERY BEST--truly! One thing my daughter did that you might consider is she kept a daily diary. Her improvements were very slow and subtle. By keeping a journal she was able to see the improvements, albeit small. Until the day she was petting her cat and realized she felt her fur--in her left hand that had been paralyzed for 2 years! That was a "biggie"!

God bless! Chris
Chris55
Family Elder

Post by Chris55 »

Uhhhhh--one correction--"Brock" not "Robbie"--OOPS!
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

robbie wrote:what made you decide to go with mino instead of going with the full abx regime or is it the same?
Taking Mino is very different to the ABX's regimine. Mino is taken alone because of its anti-inflamatory properties (from what I understand, they are currently working on a non anti-bacterial version of Mino), while the ABX's are taken specifically to kill bacteria.
gabelle
Getting to Know You...

Post by gabelle »

Chris55, What kind of supplements (you daughter is using) are you referring to. How long has she used them and with what results? I too have stopped with all treatments and have just started a nutritional supplement regime. I am very interested in any good news. Thanks
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

What is the dosage/regime for Mino?

It sounds interesting, I might ask my doc for a sript............. :wink:
viper498
Family Elder

Post by viper498 »

100 mg twice daily
start at just bedtime for one week then add the morning dose. If also on interferon I suggest that you liver enzymes be followed initially

This is what has been recommended to me by a very reliable source...

Brock

Return to “General Discussion”