Anyone heard of esperanza homeopathic neuropeptide?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Anyone heard of esperanza homeopathic neuropeptide?

Post by gibbledygook »

I've just received my magazine from the New Pathways publishers which is for MSers and they have included an article about the esperanza neuropeptide sublingual spray which costs a staggering £5,450. Does anyone know anything about this stuff? It looks a bit snake oily to me but just wondering if anyone had heard anything good about it.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Hi gibbledygook,
I withhold judgement but here is a little information which seems independant of the perpetrators.....I mean salespeople http://www.mstrust.org.uk/publications/ ... erenza.jsp
Bob
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

I get e-mails from these people and I added them to my "junk and unnapproved" folder. They have a website that I would forward to you, but after I visited it once, I didn't commit it to memory. They have a clinic, or something like it, in the Bahamas. The webpage contained 100% personal testimonials. That's at least as far as I could tell.

I'm like Bob in that I would never want to inhibit anyone from checking into somthing for themselves, but since I could not discover anything about the mechanism of the drug, I personally think it's a scam. My $0.02 worth. I have no idea how I got on their mailing list, but they don't send them as often anymore. Maybe I timed out!
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Post by gibbledygook »

well, that's rather what I thought. The website is terrible. Reminds me of a stem cell scam company with plenty of anecdotal reports but no hard science. Oh well.
3 years antibiotics, 06/09 bilateral jug stents at C1, 05/11 ballooning of both jug valves, 07/12 stenting of renal vein, azygos & jug valve ballooning,
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Hi gibbledygook,
About a month ago my wife told me that her co-worker's 26 year old sister in law (with 3 young children) had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and was thinking of going to a clinic in Mexico, gave me the website and told me to investigate.

It was a nice website, said all the right things, used highly technical and pertinent terms but as you mentioned, no hard science. They offered hope but no promises. I told my wife to tell the lady that it was a waste of money but she was desperate and went to the clinic.

Her funeral was Tuesday and not only did she leave her husband and small children at a young age but the clinic visit cost $48,000

The desperation of the situation doesn't change the fact that, if it seems too good to be true, it likely is.

I'm glad you didn't waste your money :D

Bob
Nemotoday
Family Member

Post by Nemotoday »

A good few years ago, there was a lot of very negative publicity about the use of cobra venom as a treatment for MS and seem to recall one charity whose name I cannot remember actually funding some MS trials, which proved nothing.

I will see what I can find