Neurologist with MS in the US

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Neurologist with MS in the US

Post by SarahLonglands »

Art posted this in the "Pulling it all Together" thread.
Vince Macaluso in Flushing NY is a neurologist with MS. He's in midst of setting up a private practice so doesn't have contact info at the moment, but I can forward something to him if you want. Send to art-at-bostoncure-dot-org
Sarah
HarryZ
Family Elder

Re: Neurologist with MS in the US

Post by HarryZ »

Sarah,

It would be very interesting to see if Vince follows the standard course for MS treatment on himself or if he looks to other medications such as LDN, etc.

Harry
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Post by SarahLonglands »

Harry,
Taken from the same thread!

Says Art: "Vince is taking Avonex, and speaks at numerous Biogen events. (!!)
Since all the currently approved meds are about 30% effective, any benefit of one of the other is measured in a few percent which is unlikely to have a noticable effect in an individual.
Pick the one that fits your lifestyle the best, monitor your progress, and if you don't respond - change to another."

Whether he thinks in the broader spectrum re: anyone else, who knows. Hopefully he might.

I'm just glad I am married to a medical microbiologist, who took matters into his own hands.

Sarah
Last edited by SarahLonglands on Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xenova
Family Member

Post by Xenova »

I can tell you, he's not the only neurologist with ms. I've heard of at least two in my state. One of these is still not public about it.

There is a video interview with Macaluso on the web somewhere. Here is an interview transcript.
http://www.healthology.com/webcast_tran ... ealthology
adjanimals
Family Member

Post by adjanimals »

I wish mine had it, then the SOB would know what it's like.