Is this optic neuritis?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

eyedoc! what kind of colour vision defect? i was at this aerial adventure park recently and i looked back for my friend, but i saw this person dressed in light colour, whitish, on the previous challenge, against the leaves of the trees. i thought, weird i never saw that person behind me earlier in the course, but then i realized no, that person is wearing black and it is your friend on that challenge. there's other stuff but i won't go into it just now. just curious if my xp is something like what you refer to.
EyeDoc
Family Elder

Post by EyeDoc »

jimmylegs wrote:eyedoc! what kind of colour vision defect? i was at this aerial adventure park recently and i looked back for my friend, but i saw this person dressed in light colour, whitish, on the previous challenge, against the leaves of the trees. i thought, weird i never saw that person behind me earlier in the course, but then i realized no, that person is wearing black and it is your friend on that challenge. there's other stuff but i won't go into it just now. just curious if my xp is something like what you refer to.
Generally, the color vision defect will cause loss of color saturation ... in plain English that means colors will not be as bright, specifically in the red spectrum. Try this if you are having ON: Cover the affected eye and look at a red pen cap. Consider that color worth 10/10. Now cover the good eye and look at the pen with the affected eye. What is the color worth, compared to the other eye? 2/10? 5/10? That is called the red cap desaturation test. If your color vision is affected due to ON you will clearly see the difference.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

cool, thanks!