Employment Issues and Insurance Issues

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
RFor1

Employment Issues and Insurance Issues

Post by RFor1 »

I am new, but am I missing a heading for these? My wife is the one newly diagnosed and we have a lot of questions and need lots of advice. Thanks!
LisaBee
Family Elder

Post by LisaBee »

RFor1

Where do you live? If US, what state?

That will make a big difference.....

I agree with you, I think this topic should get its own heading, it is a big issue.

- Lisa
Amazon

Re: Employment Issues and Insurance Issues

Post by Amazon »

RFor1 wrote:I am new, but am I missing a heading for these? My wife is the one newly diagnosed and we have a lot of questions and need lots of advice. Thanks!
-Me too-any more info on this topic? thanks!
Your Silence Will Not Protect You.
-Audre Lord
notasperfectasyou
Family Elder

huge topic

Post by notasperfectasyou »

Problem is that so much of this is unique to the kinds of insurnce you have and the state you live in. I'd not want to say it's impossible to help, but it's quite difficult.

You need to take an inventory of the kinds of insurance you have available to you first, and if you have home owners or auto insurance, call your agent to see if they can give you advice. True they are not experts on health and disability insurance, but they know about the industry in your area and can likely help you get started thinking about this from a good and solid starting point instead of a squishy one.

Also, does your employer have a human resources manager? Another good person to talk to. Is there an MS Society in your area? Are you in a large city? lots of questions, this topic is going to take a lot of local networking. napay
It would be really nice to be able to put links in here

If I have included a bad link, google the word "Scholar", click link for "Google Scholar". Search for the name of the paper and author in Google Scholar.