Community T-shirts?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Would you be interested in donating to the site in exchange for a This is MS t-shirt?

Yes, I'd be willing to donate up to $10
20%
Yes, I'd be willing to donate up to $20
48%
Yes, I'd be willing to donate up to $30
20%
No, let's do something else as a fundraiser
12%

Total votes: 81

Toyegirl57

Post by Toyegirl57 »

Just let me know, Arron and I'll get Brad on it!
deehammer
Getting to Know You...

Post by deehammer »

I'm in too. I think it's a grat idea and agree that the white is same old same old, so black is great. Anything but white like all the others :roll: . I just wanted to say also that I've been here off and on for a year (give or take) and I love this sight and will help out when I can.
Dena
basschick

Post by basschick »

I would buy a black t for 20.00 or so (if it was light weight). I am in FLA and it is already soooooo hot.

On a funny note....I am a runner. Yes a runner with MS. I do fine for the most part as long as I pay attention to the ground in front of me. I get a little clumsy and off balance sometimes. Especially right after a hard run. I swerve all over the road/sidewalk while walking it off.

I have thought MANY TIMES about decorating my race day tanktops with permanant marker. "I'm NOT DRUNK, I have Multiple Sclerosis!"
It would serve many purposes. People would know I hadn't tied one on before the race, if I had a medical type problem during the race it would be a red flag to medical personel, and It would be a good conversation starter. In the running community people with illness, or disability usually hide it. Because we feel so alone. (how can runners who are healthy be soo sick?) That type of thing.

So your tshirt idea is great.
basschick

Turn the volume up!!!
jdamon
Getting to Know You...

Post by jdamon »

Any progress on the t-shirt idea? I would love to have one or many to wear and spread the word.
Niko
Family Elder

summer/winter colors

Post by Niko »

Here's an idea:

Summer t-shirts - white (for the many of us that are heat-sensitive)

Winter t-shirts - black (cos they're just nifty)

So, if there were 2 shirts, I'd buy them :)

Just thought of the idea as I'm stuck inside during a heat-wave. 90 degrees and very, very humid.

Any thoughts on that idea?

Cheers and keep cool!

Niko 8)
"Avoid making irrevocable decisions when tired or hungry." -- Robert Heinlein
gibbledygook
Family Elder

Need a tshirt

Post by gibbledygook »

I positively endorse the motion to have t-shirts in white and black, in fact I need a t-shirt so that when people stare they are informed. I hate people thinking that I'm drunk when I wish were!
SarahLonglands
Family Elder

Messy artist

Post by SarahLonglands »

I think it would have to be black because I can't get through half a day with a clean white shirt, due to paint splashes, so I wouldn't be a very good advert. On the other hand, I could always buy two! Sarah 8)
An Itinerary in Light and Shadow Completed Dr Charles Stratton / Dr David Wheldon abx regime for aggressive secondary progressive MS in June 2007, after four years. Still improving with no relapses since starting. Can't run but can paint all day.
Katman
Family Elder

shirts

Post by Katman »

It was mentioned berfore- sweatshirts. Would it be possible to extend this to include them? I live in sweatshirts all winter and would buy one for each of us. I have been meaning to get back here for a month and there is Sarah ahead of me (again)! I seem to be following her around. It is for a very good cause so I don't mind. I am not usually a folliower!

Katman
2010 5 years 4 months Now on Amoxicillin, Doxy, Rifampin, Azith, and caffeine in addition to  flagyl. 90% normal good days-50% normal bad days. That is a good thing.
natgas
Family Member

Great idea!!

Post by natgas »

Where you at with the shirt idea Arron? I have a company to used to do some printing for me when I was in business that may be of some help. They do very good work.

Get me some designs and and your color theme and I'll see what she can do, if you want to move forward with this.

My email is rfarmer@coalmethane.com and it will accept very large files.

Roy
The hurrier I go the behinder I get....
Ronnie
Family Member

You should have a series of TShirts and sweat shirts!

Post by Ronnie »

Why stop at one t-shirt? Think of the possibilities!

There could be a summer t, a winter sweatshirt, a sleeveless tank top (hey, we're hot here in the summer in Texas), hats, and you could offer white, black, colors, etc.

Yes, you should start slow, with one design and one type of shirt. Just make sure it has a simple design which could be adapted to other products.

Also, remember copyright and trademark considerations (Mr. Reiner might sue for copyright infringement if you use the the 'Spinal Tap' font, for example).

Also, coffee mugs are a popular item...

I hope to see an orderform soon! :D
Ronnie
kitkat2
Family Member

Post by kitkat2 »

Aaron, The T-shirts are a fantastic idea! What a great way to be approached and asked about the site. Most people know someone who has it, or is affected by it. Appropo for all ages, ms or not--bumper stickers, also--Has great promise
Count me in. :D
Holding out hope for Liberation!
kittikat2005

Post by kittikat2005 »

You can count me in too! I would buy one of each. One black and one white. You would need to have 1x, 2x & 3x. :D

Annie
And on the eigth day, God created cats...
bigdave
Getting to Know You...

Post by bigdave »

With the Dollar Pound exchange rate at the moment it makes them cheap for us Brits.You'll have to sort p+p out and a way to pay.
blackdog
Getting to Know You...

Post by blackdog »

This is such a cool site, I'd def. get a t-shirt, maybe two.
One black, one white, depending on how I'm feeling that day,
bad girl or good girl.
Can we use PayPal?
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Post by Arron »

this project has always stalled simply because we haven't had the resources to design a t-shirt we'd be proud of. Anyone up for the challenge? The coolest one we had in mind is to have

This is MS

written in the same font as the movie:

This is Spinal Tap (the inspiration for the name of the site!)

Anyone willing to help out? Send me a Private Message :)
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.

Return to “General Discussion”