Can no longer afford Copaxone

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
pamelatheresa3

Can no longer afford Copaxone

Post by pamelatheresa3 »

Does anyone know of a doctor in central Florida who will prescribe LDN? I need meds but my insurance company just raised my copay for Copaxone from $35 to over $350. I cannot afford it. Thanks!
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Choice of meds

Post by lyndacarol »

The existing "approved" meds for MS do not come with a guarantee of actually helping the disease; in fact, their efficacy is only about the same as placebo in studies. Personally, I don't think doctors can find an effective med until the cause of MS is known. I have chosen not to use any medication for that reason, even tho my insurance does cover it.

Therefore, my advice is "Do not panic if you feel you cannot afford the meds. Perhaps they are not doing any good anyway. If you feel they help you or you must take them, discuss the situation with your physician. There are programs through the drug companies to help."
MaggieMae
Family Elder

Post by MaggieMae »

Others may know more about this, but I would call the company that produces Copaxone. Many companies have programs that help pay for drugs for patients who cannot afford.
Punchy
Family Elder

Post by Punchy »

Try calling your local MS Society as well.

So sorry you've been put in this position. :(