moving

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

A mere 46 minutes away, Bob. (says mapquest)
I didn't see any listed online in Cincinnati, but there is a nice wine and spirits store very close to me that I will check. If Mrs George thinks we're deprived, then I'm sure it is worth the drive to Miamisburg if need be. My best friend lives near there...I can make it an event.
Loobie
Family Elder

Post by Loobie »

Terry,

Being a wine enthusiast (I can't drink much anymore, I have a glass, wife finishes the bottle :lol: ). Arrow wine is kind of a big box wine place, but they have a decent selection. I'm sure you've been to Jungle Jim's? They have an enormous wine selection there. If you are going to come to Miamisburg, you will be 10 minutes from my house, and my good buddy's boutique wine shop that is incredible. If you can't find it anywhere else, he has it or can get it in a few days. But, the point is, you can't come up here without coming to see me for lunch or something!

Me and my wife are thinking about going to Boi Na Braza (sp?) for our anniversary in October. Have you been there? It's that brazilian steak house at 5th and Vine that I've heard is awesome. Let me know if that's worth the trip.
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

Hey Lew,
I've never been there. You'll have to tell me how it is.
Next time I head north, if I know in time, I'll let you know. It will be great to meet you.
Terry
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

lol - I have started a trend!!!

I have decided that my new house is perfect for Pimms drinking - when we went for a second viewing I found as little herb garden in the back yard with fresh mint growing! It is a garden for drinking Pimms in! Is also in George street (and in case you haven't guessed my first name is George) so I love it!

This moving is proving trickier than I thought it would - I have less than 3 weeks and I have barely started packing - Energy levels have been low and I keep filling up my time with friends & commitments - bad George!
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

Mrs George,
Guess how I'm enjoying my Monday evening. With a bloody glass of Pimms, of course! I feel so very English. :wink:
It is really good!
I went by the wine and spirits store while running errands this afternoon and they had the Pimms.
That caused me to go to Whole Foods, where I picked up lemonade, soda, strawberries, and mint. Now here I am, spending my Monday evening drinking. Ha!
Thanks for the info. It is a nice treat.
Terry
catfreak
Family Elder

Post by catfreak »

I want a Pimms, it sounds very refreshing!

CF
Holly - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd

9/3/09 Stanford - Dr Dake - Stent in R-J to unblock Arachnoid Cyst in Sigmoid Sinus. Stent in narrowed L-J. Balloon in narrowing where R & L Jugulars meet.
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

Jackpot! Terry won!!!! I was waiting to see who would! Pimms is lush - did you get Pimms No1 (there are different no's - the christmas one is grim)?

Glad you enjoyed! It's a little indulgence but so worth it! When I was doing my degree and was writing my dissertation I finished each day of writing with Pimms O'clock!

on the moving front - we finally got hold of our current landlord and it's all go!
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

Yes, Mrs George. It was no 1. It is the only one they had on the shelf. I was very happy to see it.
About the moving, I just wanted to tell you that I understand. We are moving my work office, and there is much planning to do and much work. I went yesterday to buy the paint for the new place (just before I bought the pimms) We will start painting Friday after work. We are having our old-style desks painted by an auto body shop so they are being removed and replaced one at a time from our office. All the paperwork and planning has to be completed- utilities, computer eqip set up and moved, city planning dept, etc. Then, we actually have to move it all. At the same time, my son and I are tearing out my kitchen at home. Sunday, the enitre ceiling fell (with a little help) onto the sink faucet, breaking it. The sink is unusable a little earlier than scheduled. My kitchen is almost completely down to the lathe and plaster. And dusty as can be!
I would be very overwhelmed if I let myself be. I figure I'll make it through and look back and laugh. Thank goodness for my three very strong sons who will help in the moving.
And now, thank goodness for Pimms. :lol:
In no time, Mrs George you will be in your new place and happy as can be.
In no time, I'll be in my new office and I'll have a remodeled kitchen.
For me, though, I'm sure I'll find something else to tear up.
Terry
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

Terry wrote: And now, thank goodness for Pimms. :lol:
Amen to that - I'm looking forward to being able to sit in my new garden (i don't have one now) with a jug of Pimms (yes, you can make it by the jug!!!)
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

:lol:
lyndacarol
Family Elder

Pimm's Cup

Post by lyndacarol »

I had never heard of Pimm's until the mention on this thread. And then today I heard it mentioned on the TV show, "Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello".

Here is his recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mich ... index.html
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Post by MrsGeorge »

That's really complicated..... easy recipe -

1/4 Pimms No1
3/4 lemonade
some chopped strawberries & cucumber thrown in
some fresh mint
ice

The genius of the 1/4 to 3/4 mix is that you can make it fit any sized vessel!

stir...drink!

Return to “General Discussion”