A tip for helping muscle range in the legs

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Postby Lars » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:53 pm

Jimmylegs,
I don't think it was necessarily the name that confused us all, it was the scary ass picture of the pirate. Keep spreading the good word.
Peace,
Lars
Lars
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby jimmylegs » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:26 pm

ahhhhh hahahaha nice - the pirate is in fact named jimmylegs :D :D :D
got 'im from a google image search
http://images.google.ca/images?gbv=2&hl ... rch+Images
LMAO now i'm one of the results lolol!
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby B3GE » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:56 am

My mother-in-law just past away this year after having MS for 30 years. My sister-in-law started loosing power in her legs. She was having all the MS symptoms and fearing that she was having MS. My wife discovered that B12 deficiency and MS symptoms are very close. My sister-in-law went to her doctor and received some B12 shots which stop the progression of loss of power and her legs even improved some. They both believe that some nerve damage was done but it is not getting worse.

She also takes Natural Calm Magnesium supplement and she takes a product called CircuTone2 which helps her with her jumpy legs. Her mother always complained of jumpy legs too. Most people call this Restless leg syndrome. Her legs have now calmed down to where she can sleep.

Your bones need 2:1 calcium to magnesium. You can't absorb calcium without magnesium and without D3. People in this thread are suggesting that you take your D3 at a separate time because it is a magnesium hog. I would suggest that you take as much magnesium as you can to restore your body. The US government states that 75% of Men are deficient in magnesium and 80% of women are.

Natural Calm taken as directed before bed will give you a very high absorption rate. It is best taken on an empty stomach. It is in the form of Magnesium citrate. Taking magnesium citrate in a pill form, is not nearly as effective as the Natural Calm liquid form.

All laxatives are made from magnesium but they use less absorbable form like Magnesium oxide, the less you absorb, the more that goes to your colon.

Another excellent way to get more magnesium is topical. There is a product called magnesium oil. It is not oil but is highly condensed sea water that has most of the sodium taken out. What is left is magnesium chloride. You just put a few milliliters on your skin and it gets absorbed. 5 ml has something like 3,000 mg of magnesium.

My wife and I discovered natural calm 8 years ago and believed in the product so much that we started the calmnatural.com website 2 years ago and are the owners.
B3GE

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:50 am

People in this thread are suggesting that you take your D3 at a separate time because it is a magnesium hog.

who could that be i wonder ;)

to clarify my misleading statement:
do you also take vitamin d3? because if you do, make sure to get some of your daily magnesium intake at a different time than the d3. d3 is a mag hog and if you [edit: ONLY] take them together the d3 supp will snatch it all up and you won't have any mag going to its other important processes like relaxing your muscles...
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Re: A tip for helping muscle range in the legs

Postby NHE » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:10 am

B3GE wrote:My wife and I discovered natural calm 8 years ago and believed in the product so much that we started the calmnatural.com website 2 years ago and are the owners.

Welcome to the ThisIsMS forums. Please review the Rules of the Board which state...
Arron wrote:NO advertising is allowed on the message boards, period. If you like a product, you can tell us about it. But if you gain financially from selling said product, your posts will be deleted and you will be banned from the site without warning. Thank you for your understanding of this simple rule.

Thank you for your cooperation, NHE
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Postby L » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:28 am

B3GE wrote:My mother-in-law just past away this year after having MS for 30 years. My sister-in-law started loosing power in her legs. She was having all the MS symptoms and fearing that she was having MS. My wife discovered that B12 deficiency and MS symptoms are very close. My sister-in-law went to her doctor and received some B12 shots which stop the progression of loss of power and her legs even improved some. They both believe that some nerve damage was done but it is not getting worse.

During a meeting a long time ago, when I was first diagnosed, my Neurologist at the time explained that he was sending off a sample a blood samplefor B12 defieciency testing. He was very enthusiastic despite the odds being very slim but, no, there was no B12 defieciency. I still take B12 supplements, mind you (Mg supplements too). Hopefully your sister in law has had a lucky escape! I'm very pleased for he!
L
Family Elder

Postby B3GE » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:31 am

Sorry, I didn't know about the rules. I try to be up front and that is why i disclosed this info. Just want to help people and MS has touched our family and the B12 may be very helpful to many people.
B3GE

Postby jimmylegs » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:40 am

there is extensive discussion of b12 and various forms and types of delivery of supplemental cobalamin on the forums here.
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Previous

Return to General Discussion