prednisone

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

Robbie, I'm wondering if you got your pulse, how do you feel, I hope you got the results of your dreams....
I've droped now to about 30mgs per week, it hurts like heck, it's torture getting of daily x 15 or so years...ARGH
It's such a little pill, it right in my purse, and it will make me feel so good...
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Just started my pulse today, the next month or so will be heaven.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

YEAH YOU!

how mauch are they giving you, and over how long?
Lyon
Family Elder

Post by Lyon »

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Down to 40mg a day now and the thing that has been affected the most is the spasticity in my legs.transfering from chair to chair or chair to toilet is not so bad. I can straiten my legs without them going into convulsions, it’s nice. The cost benefit ratio of this little white pill is great, wish i could just stay on it.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I have continued with my 3 days of a monthly pulse of 75mg/day.

I am not as affected by MS as robbie, and do not notice the changes as distinctly. But I definitely do notice a difference. I am limiting myself to three days, with no taper, as I have found this works best for me during a relapse. ie Bang for mg of steroids.

I have been very lucky, as for the last six months I have been working from home mostly, and therefore have managed to stay away from the festering petulance that is spread in an office environment. A cold/flu is my only known trigger for a relapse, so by avoiding an infection, I have also avoided having a relapse for the past six months (I think).
robbie
Family Elder

Post by robbie »

Got some more prednisone from a friend so I will try staying on 30mg a day till it runs out and see how I feel.
Had ms for 28 yrs,
8.5 EDSS
SPMS, 54 yrs old
Taking it day by day