What Are Some Symptoms of Hypomagnesemia To Look For?
You may not have any symptoms, unless your blood test results show that your magnesium levels are significantly decreased.
Muscle weakness (ME), confusion (ME), and decreased reflexes with severely low blood magnesium levels. You may also notice "jerky" movements (ME), high blood pressure, and irregular heart rhythms (ME) with severely low blood magnesium levels.
When To Call Your Doctor or Health Care Provider About Hypomagnesemia:
* Feeling your heart beat rapidly (palpitations) (ME).
* Nausea that interferes with your ability to eat, and is unrelieved by any prescribed medications.
* Vomiting (vomiting more than 4-5 times in a 24 hour period).
* Diarrhea (greater than 5 stools per day).
* Muscle weakness (ME), or twitching (ME).
* Shortness of breath (ME), chest pain or discomfort (ME); swelling of your lips or throat (ME) should be evaluated immediately.
and all this after a "normal" test result for magnesium. i didn't know at the time that serum or plasma mag or whatever it is, was a useless test and that i should have asked for rbc magnesium. in fact i said to that pharmacist, 'but i've been taking magnesium the whole time, and my bloodwork was normal', but he was still right. i was taking my mag supp at the same time as 4000 IU d3 every day, and i wasn't eating any good food sources of mag.
when i couldn't breathe i went for a chest x-ray but it was clear. i supposed maybe my diaphragm wasn't functioning properly. i couldn't get a proper breath that would make my lungs feel stretched...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users