What changes will we see for MS with new president?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
lovelisaz
Getting to Know You...

What changes will we see for MS with new president?

Post by lovelisaz »

Any one else expect we will see some changes as far as research and funding? Especially since I've heard Obama's father-in-law has MS.
ShootingStar
Family Member

Post by ShootingStar »

I don't see anything changing as far as MS research and such is concerned, I'm sure it's way down the list of things that need attention.
~Kim in NV
thinkingoutloud86
Family Elder

Post by thinkingoutloud86 »

i've wondered the same thing...the MS website in the US had an article addressing this very same question. the one area that i haven't seen mention and that i have a lot of curiosity about is if there any expected changes with the Tier IV drug costs. Anyone hear anything about it?

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/news/n ... px?nid=486

best to all,

TOL
marcstck
Family Elder

Post by marcstck »

The Obama transition team have already indicated that they will immediately rescind restrictions on embryonic stem cell research, so that will be a major plus for us, at least down the road.

Michelle Obama's father died of complications from MS, so I'm confident the disease will get its share of attention. The Obama administration will also look at drug regulation policies, and hopefully will reinvigorate the NIH.

All in all, a major improvement over the current crew, that has manipulated the system to favor the pharmaceutical companies over patient's rights, and has stymied science in favor of political ideology.
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

President-elect Barack Obama wants to know what is important to you. His team has set up a web site where you can tell your story, what matters to you, what issues he needs to address in his administration-

http://change.gov/

Let your voice be heard....it's a democracy again, folks!

AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Come on folks - this is a sight about MS. Let's get rid of the political rancor. We have always been a democratic society. We did not go from one type of society to another just because of an election. We should be proud to have elected the first black American President. :!: What he will do or not do is in the future - I for one do not have the expertise to speculate. Yes, Michelle Obama's father had MS, but Govenor Romney's wife has MS. I would imagine that both families are trying to do what they can for MS research.

Let's talk about not only stem cell research but also about research being done with skin cells - how about brain plasticity? Let's get back to MS.

Sorry if I have offended anyone

Sharon
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: What changes will we see for MS with the new president?

Post by NHE »

Sharon wrote:Come on folks - this is a sight about MS. Let's get rid of the political rancor.
According to Webster...
  • Rancor: bitter deep-seated ill will, synonomous with enmity
  • Enmity: positive, active, and typically mutual hatred or ill will
To be honest, I really haven't seen any rancor in this discussion.

NHE
cheerleader
Family Elder

Post by cheerleader »

Sharon's right...
maybe not rancor, but I did express political bias.
mea culpa and never again,
AC
Husband dx RRMS 3/07
dx dual jugular vein stenosis (CCSVI) 4/09
http://ccsviinms.blogspot.com
Sharon
Family Elder

Post by Sharon »

Thanks Cheer!

Return to “General Discussion”