Dishydrotic eczema...anyone?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Dishydrotic eczema...anyone?

Postby Wonderfulworld » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:23 pm

Hi
just developed dishydrotic eczema.
By chance, anyone else had it?
It's also called pomphylox, or housewives eczema.
Probably more related to all the other allergies I have, but just interested to know if any other MS'ers, or Copaxoners have it?
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Alicia » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:50 pm

Wonderfulworld,

Yes, I also have this type of eczema. I started having symptoms about 4 years before I was officially diagnosed with MS. I also take Copaxone. I don't think the Copaxone has affected the eczema any. I don't think my eczema ever really goes away. It is just gets worse sometimes.

Alicia
Alicia
Family Member

Postby Wonderfulworld » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks Alicia.
Have you noticed things that make it worse for you?
It's a nuisance, isin't it?

I think it might be related to hormones with me. It appeared, severly, 5 months after giving birth and it is not going away. I have also been washing my hands and using stronger cleaning chemicals to do with cleaning bottles and surfaces with my baby around. Perhaps that has triggered it.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Postby Alicia » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:17 pm

Wonderfulworld,

Things that aggrevate my eczema are hot water, dry air and cleaning w/o wearing rubber gloves. My skin will blister and split if I let the eczema go too far.

Alicia
Alicia
Family Member

Postby jimmylegs » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:28 pm

try omega 3s :)
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Postby MrsGeorge » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:14 am

I have eczema on my forearms and it is irritated by certain chemicals, hot water, fluffy jumpers and most importantly by stress! The more stressed I am the worse it seems to get!

take care
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Re: Dishydrotic eczema...anyone?

Postby pballer76 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:36 am

I have had MS for 8 years and no eczema. Four and a half months ago I started Tecfidera. Well 2 weeks ago I developed dishydrotic eczema on both palms of hands and both soles of feet. Neuro stopped Tecfidera. I want to go back to Tysabri - 6 years no flares or eczema - but I am JCV+. Not sure if this helps but at least I found others with MS and eczema.
pballer76
Getting to Know You...

Return to General Discussion