23/M possible MS? Scared..

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
n00bstocks

23/M possible MS? Scared..

Post by n00bstocks »

Hey guys, I have noticed this for the past couple of years but haven't dealt with it, because in the back of my mind thought I had parkinson's disease or MS or something. I'm a sort of hypochondriac that thinks I have lots of things. However, tonight while I was holding a piece of paper in my hand with my thumb and middle finger, my middle finger just started twitching uncontrollably. It only happened when I was barely trying to grip it, when I gripped the paper tighter it went away. So over the past couple years to compensate, like if I'm holding paper, I'll just situate it in my hand without gripping it and let it sit there, or I'll grip it tight so it won't twitch. It's really annoying, and it only happens when I'm lightly gripping or holding something.

I can also cause my middle left finger to twitch by lightly pushing my thumb and middle finger together as if I'm holding something.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's also better or worse on certain days. My fingers never twitch when my hands are just sitting still and not doing anything. Also, my fingers alot of times feel really tight or stiff. It also feels like when I'm on my laptop's touchpad with my index finger, I feel as though I never know what my finger is going to do even though it never twitches when I'm using the touchpad.

I was thinking back about how long I've been experiencing this, and I just remembered how I have had this sensation on the toes on my left foot before, and within weeks it went away. It's almost like it comes and goes. I should also mention that my hands and feet seem to be cold and clammy a lot of the time. It's been this way most of my life, I don't know if I have poor circulation or what.

When my finger twitch is worst, it feels like my fingers feel weaker than normal, and this is also how my toes felt when I experienced it on my left foot. It's just weird how in a week or so it goes away for a while and the strength is back to normal and twitching is not as bad and not even noticeable.
scorpion
Family Elder

Post by scorpion »

I believe you are fine. I know numerous people with tremors and they are of no concern. Get it checked out but relax, my guess is it is nothing.
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

Parkinsons tremor is at rest that is why you see Hitler always holding something in his left hand. If he held something the tremor would not happen. If you are doing something and it is a twitch its more than likely not Parkinsons.

Myokymia, although can be found in MS it's also found in a large part of the population. I used to have it all the time and then I started to incorporate a good multivitamin and it solved the issue.

Relax!
pinpricks
Family Member

Post by pinpricks »

Essential Tremor (ET)?
Parkinson tremor is at rest ... ET is when under some low tension, not at rest, not at high tension.
Do you have twitches elsewhere (piece of muscle that move from time to time)? vibrations? buzzing?
Go there may be ...
http://www.nextination.com/aboutbfs/

Take care.
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

I don't think it sounds like MS at all.
Go to your doctor and ask them - it will more than likely be something very small and not worth worrying about. If you don't get it checked out you'll be driving yourself crazy with worry. You can always match symptoms to some disease if you look at it online, but your gp is the best person to ask.
Best of luck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.
pinpricks
Family Member

Post by pinpricks »

chrishasms wrote:Parkinsons tremor is at rest that is why you see Hitler always holding something in his left hand. If he held something the tremor would not happen. If you are doing something and it is a twitch its more than likely not Parkinsons.

Myokymia, although can be found in MS it's also found in a large part of the population. I used to have it all the time and then I started to incorporate a good multivitamin and it solved the issue.

Relax!
Myokimia is fasciculations? right? (from wiki).
I have this bodywide since 1993 (come on suddenly) everyday.
No vitamin help in my case ...
It wakes and wane ...
I could understand you can get this from time to time ... but when it's everyday... and everywhere.

Bye
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

tried magnesium pp?
pinpricks
Family Member

Post by pinpricks »

jimmylegs wrote:tried magnesium pp?
Tried many things ... nothing works
I'm not alone like this.
Goes down with years.
With that, got paresthesia that went away in few weeks.
I wonder if this things is not one of the many symptoms of MS that someone may suffer.
It may come from spinal cord.
May be you can have that and nothing more for years ... one bout ..
Neuro don't see nothing, no MRI ... it's benign! since no strength is lost.
Some may have this and they kept some paresthesia. I Was lucky to have paresthesia for a few weeks only.

Take care
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Post by jimmylegs »

what kind of mag how much how long?
pinpricks
Family Member

Post by pinpricks »

jimmylegs wrote:what kind of mag how much how long?
No idea ... it is way too way far in the past!
Since they don't see nothing and they don't know, they call that, Benign Fasciculation Syndrome (BFS) .. in other words ... I Don't Know (IDK).
chrishasms
Family Elder

Post by chrishasms »

It may come from the water you are drinking too...go see a doctor and put your mind at ease. Again, Relax!

Return to “General Discussion”