OK im mad!!!!!!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
me_x_5
Family Member

OK im mad!!!!!!

Post by me_x_5 »

:x So i went to the doctor today to talk about my worsening symptoms he pretty much did not {sugar coat} anything he said you more than likly have MS for my arm and my foot going to sleep i would have to have 2 pinched nerves one at the top of my spine and one at the bottom,he said im just going to have to battle to get diagoned,and 2 pinched nerves is highly unlikly.So now im left with this holy **** feeling, I respect him for not trying to push it off and just being up front with me but now he wants me to do the rest of my NERVE CONDUCTION STUDY tomorrow and then move to doing an MRI but i do not have medical right now!!So he is also veary nervous for me without that and hopes that i can resolve that issue quickly!!Sorry i just needed to vent!!!
msmything
Family Elder

Post by msmything »

I'm not sure why he would do an evoked potential, if he thinks it's not going to provide an answer for you..
there are organizations to help with cost of MRIs
How are you paying for the EP? All hospitals are required to do a certain amt. of charity care..ask around..
Hope you get answers quickly limbo sucks....
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

My original thought about my arm going numb was to see a Chiropractor for what I believed was a pinched nerve. Eventually my leg went numb as well. It was my Chiropractor who said it was impossible for my issues to be nerve related and personally drove me to the hospital for a brain MRI. Two pinched nerves affecting two limbs simultaneously is hard to swallow even for a Medical Professional. That was 3 years ago and I still have a "basically" paralyzed right arm, right leg, and both feet. I didn't read if you had an actual MS diagnosis but felt compelled to respond given the similarities in our courses. I hope the MRI goes well and you get some answers.
Be Well,
Lars
PS I didn't have insurance and still owe the facility money but they helped reduce the cost and the comfort of knowing what was going on (which wasn't really comforting) help me to start dealing with the issue.
me_x_5
Family Member

Post by me_x_5 »

No, I havent been diagnosed yet!!And i was still holding out hope it was maybe something else until the doctor today said "uh you more than likely have MS"because 2 pinched nerves not likely,so yeah i really need to get an MRI I go tomorrow to the NERO guy so im going to see what he says!!I hope theres something there in my nerve conduction test so i can quickly move on to an MRI and yes ive signed up alreday for my hospitals "charity" so im waiting for them to accept me!!My doc also said hes worried about using up all that money right away!!And i dont know what he meant by that!!Oh god i feel like things are so surreal right now!!

thanks for responding and I hope this show moves ~fast and furious~!!![/quote]
me_x_5
Family Member

Post by me_x_5 »

So i finished the second part of the Nerve Conduction Study and he said things look fine,so great that only helps me not my case!!!! :arrow: Now i need some advise on what to do next :?: !!This is going to take forever to get a answer!! :arrow: How long does it take to get diagnosed with MS :?: !!Now I can see what my doc was trying to say to me about it taking a while to get diagnosed!!! :!:
Lars
Family Elder

Post by Lars »

To add to my prior post, after my Chiro took me to the emergency room, I knew what was going on while I was in the machine. Whoever thought of putting a mirror in an MRI should be hung by his feet. Nothing like watching the freak show of the attending technicians losing their cool and not being able to move. I was sure I had a brain tumor and was about to die. What followed was the longest night of my life. No-one would admit to the results and the next day I met with the Dr. in charge. It was obvious and needed no further tests or explanation. So, to answer your question, 12 hours for an official diagnosis.
Lars

Return to “General Discussion”