ok.. MRI results.. i'm still confused

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

ok.. MRI results.. i'm still confused

Postby Meegs » Thu May 07, 2009 11:38 am

MRI result said this:
multifocal T2 weighted abnormalities within the supratentorial compartment and probably involving the brainstem and its connecting structures, the distribution and morphology of which are in keeping with the known demyelinating process.

In English? Anyone?

I get that there's more spots than the last MRI... but does any of the above mean anything specific? Frak i hate this disease... so confusing :evil:

My neuro is awesome... but i just feel confused after leaving the office yesterday. I'm on Tysabri... had infusion #2 today... and my Doc said the gameplan stays the same for now with a follow up in 6 months.
Last edited by Meegs on Thu May 07, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meegs
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby Karazhan » Thu May 07, 2009 2:19 pm

WHAT??? You don't know what a supratentorial compartment is???
(I'm kidding, of course)

I just got an MRI report a few days ago and I'm going to take it to my GP and ask if he can translate it for me.
Karazhan
Family Member

Postby jimmylegs » Thu May 07, 2009 3:10 pm

hey meegs here's some info:
the tentorium: This is a flap of tissue that is part of the meninges. It separates the hindbrain and the brain stem from the rest of the brain. You may hear the words supratentorial or infratentorial. Supratentorial just means above the tentorium - or anywhere apart from the hindbrain (cerebellum) or brain stem. Infratentorial just means below the tentorium - in the hindbrain (cerebellum) or brain stem.
source: www.cancerhelp.org.uk/help/default.asp?page=5019
jimmylegs
Volunteer Moderator

Return to General Discussion