spots

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

here's the address

Postby reneelucia » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:56 pm

reneelucia
Family Member

Postby robbie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:57 am

It doesn’t matter how many lesions you have it’s where they are located that matters.
If you cut down a tree in the forest no one notices but you cut one down in the front yard and you notice.
Had ms for over 19 years now.
robbie
Family Elder

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 am

I remember with my first relapse, the neuro was talking with a resident about how the specific location of the lesion explained why I felt numb both below my neck and in my head. He then told me by the look of the lesion, he wouldn't be surprised if the numbness in my head subsided much sooner than in my body, and he was right.

If only they could always be that exact!
Punchy
Family Elder

Postby daniel » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:22 am

My guess would be that it's not only the lesions (or perhaps even not at all) that cause our symptoms in MS. There's progressive patients that have little or no lesions yet many symptoms.
daniel
Family Elder

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:47 pm

I wonder though, if they really have no lesions or if they just aren't visible on standard MRIs? Aren't there some new super MRIs that they've tested on people thought to be lesion-free, and found that they were in fact, riddled with them?
Punchy
Family Elder

Postby robbie » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:50 pm

I think a lesion is caused when inflammation is active in one area over a long period of time leaving more permanent damage. Inflammation in general causes symptoms sometimes severe but when the inflammation subsides some recovery is possible.
Had ms for over 19 years now.
robbie
Family Elder

lesions

Postby yachmene » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:16 pm

I appreciate this topic. I grew discouraged with a Dr. I went to who viewed my MRI and told me the lesions were too small to cause all the symptoms I was experiencing. I gave up looking for treatments for the past 6 years because I just got tired of the whole cycle. I have begun to seek help again but am afraid to hit the same walls. It is good to hear that others have been told they have small lesions and many symptoms, (Not that I want anyone to have symptoms.) and others have had large ones and no symptoms. Thanks.
yachmene

Previous

Return to General Discussion