New Wheelchair Kamikaze video: In Search of Audrey Hepburn

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

New Wheelchair Kamikaze video: In Search of Audrey Hepburn

Postby marcstck » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Here's my latest video, shot from my wheelchair mounted camera. It's a trip across Manhattan, in search of a statue dedicated to the great actress and humanitarian, Audrey Hepburn.

I hope everyone enjoys it...

http://www.wheelchairkamikaze.com/2009/ ... earch.html
marcstck
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby Lyon » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:41 pm

Last edited by Lyon on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Postby marcstck » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 pm

Lyon wrote:Interesting as usual Marc. For a lot of us, your view of NYC is also our only view.

I can't believe no one has come up with a quick install (glue) plastic curb ramp or that NYC hasn't bought some curb cutting machines and trained some minimum wage people to operate them 24/7

I've never before encountered so many curbs without curb cuts as on this trip. Then again, I've never really traveled all the way across town before, so maybe this is typical.

I think I'm going to forward this video to the office of the Mayor, and see if some action can be taken...
marcstck
Family Elder

Postby Needled » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:16 am

Marc, Your video was an eye-opener. After I watched it, I took a walk around our downtown area and was pleased to see that, at least in the main business area intersections (OK, nowhere near as big an area as your trip across the City, but still...), all the corners I saw had curb cuts. I hope you can get someone's attention and get that fixed. It's just wrong.
Needled
Family Elder

Return to General Discussion