Is this an MS Symptom

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
patmcgown

Is this an MS Symptom

Post by patmcgown »

I have had this symptom for about ten years but was only dxed with ms 5 years ago. Baasically when I drink or eat something cold I get horrific cramps that cause me to double over, sweat, and sometimes vomit within 10 minutes. Drinking a warm liquid will stop the pain in about 15 min. Is this something that could be caused by MS or is it something else I should get checked out thanks.
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

MS can bring individual symptoms that may not match others...I prefer cooler meals which i like...which keep my body temps lower... I have a real aversion to heat...when i drink warm liquids it is for the caffeine

Ms is such a finicacky thing...it keeps us all guessing.

H
NHE
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Is this an MS symptom

Post by NHE »

It could be related to MS. However, it's probably best to check with your doctor before assuming that it is. Too often, we as MS patients tend to think that every physical anomaly is related to MS. However, such a viewpoint could potentially overlook a treatable medical condition that may have nothing to do with MS.

NHE
Wonderfulworld
Family Elder

Post by Wonderfulworld »

It might not be what's ailing you but your post rings a bell with me - Ask your doctor to check your bloods for anti-gliaden antibodies - the test for coeliac disease (celiac sprue or gluten intolerance).

I have both MS and Coeliac disease.
Hope you find out exactly what's wrong and feel better soon.
:wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Concussus Resurgo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
RR-MS dx 1998 and Coeliac dx 2003
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecfidera, Cymbalta, Baclofen.
EPO, Fish Oils, Vitamin D3 2000 IU, Magnesium, Multivitamin/mineral, Co-Enzyme Q10, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Melatonin.

Return to “General Discussion”