steroids

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
hlm286
Family Elder

steroids

Post by hlm286 »

I just finished 3 days of steroids 3 days ago. How long do they help for and how long until you usually notice them working?
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Post by CureOrBust »

I use oral prednisone, not IV steroids.

Using porednisone (75mg/day), I notice their effects by the second and third day if I am not currently in a relapse, and within 12-24 hours of the first dose if I am in a relapse.

Hope this helps.
peekaboo
Family Elder

Post by peekaboo »

When I was on a solumedral IV drip 1x a mo. , The effects were immediate. I felt energetic, and I could move about freely. The effects started to wear off slowly and by the time the month was up I was ready and willing to get the next dose.

I have read others experiences and there are those that solumedrol was not for them. so ofcourse it depends on the individual and their ractions to steriods. Hope this helps
hlm286
Family Elder

Post by hlm286 »

I have felt better since the steroids (am able to urinate on my own again, although sometimes it takes much concentration, I am walking without any aids, however I'm still very numb in my torso and left arm/hand) Mostly its the numbness that I'm worried about and am praying to make a full recovery so that I can function normally (driving, working, using my left hand because I'm left handed, etc.) I sometimes can't tell if I am feeling better or if I'm just learning to better function and feeling happier so that affects it too positively. It is such a relief though to hear people say that it took a little while to get better, as strange as that may sound, it's just sometimes I fear that if I'm not better already, it might not work, but I'm trying not to think that way and be optimistic, and listen to all of your advice, and I am so grateful to have found this site for support! It has only been a week since I was hospitalized so I'm trying to have patience and hopfully get better each day. IO do wonder though what is best to heal quickly - resting a lot or trying to go on with your day to day activities? Its a little hard for me to rest alot with a toddler on the go, but I do have family support and try to take it easy, I just don't want to push too hard and slow down my recovery, do you think thats possible? I want to do whats best...

Return to “General Discussion”