Heartbeat throbbing in my eyesight?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Heartbeat throbbing in my eyesight?

Postby ForeverSpring » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:01 pm

Loobie mentioned this in his LoobieDoobie’s CCSVI stuff
thread on the CCSVI forum, and it raised questions in my mind. I did not want to interrupt the conversation, so I decided to make a new thread.
-----------------------------------
Loobie wrote:

“Since I can't catcher's squat, I bend at the waist to get things like pots and pans from the lower cupboards. Well that would ALWAYS, without exception, cause the following: vision would "close in" (seeing stars and get tunnely), I would swoon upon getting back straight, and it would invariably start to get me dizzy, and once that trigger was tripped, my day usually couldn't be regained. Well I don't feel that at all right now. I bend over and just straighten back up. No vision pulsing, no heartbeat throbbing in my eyesight, so I think I had back up in the head for sure.
-------------------------------------

I do almost all my gardening work and many other activities in the bending over position, but I do not get the swooning, dizzy sensations that he described.

However, I cannot remember a time when I could not see my pulse -- my heartbeat throbbing in my eyesight. If I look at the ceiling or at a light-colored, blank wall, I can easily see my pulse and even the premature atrial contractions that sometimes occur.

Is this unusual? Does anyone else here have a visual pulse at all times?

I wonder if this is common, or if it may be due to improper venous drainage? In any case, considering the role of venous drainage in MS, I should probably find another position in which to do my planting and weeding!

ForeverSpring
ForeverSpring
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby LR1234 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:03 pm

I get that a lot, plus I get episodes of when spiders (I call them spiders) come down over my eyes until they occlude my vision.
I have just been dx with having stenosed jugular veins so maybe there is a connection
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby ForeverSpring » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Does it happen only when you bend over? or at any time?
LR1234 wrote:I get that a lot, plus I get episodes of when spiders (I call them spiders) come down over my eyes until they occlude my vision.
I have just been dx with having stenosed jugular veins so maybe there is a connection
ForeverSpring
Family Member

Postby LR1234 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Happens if I get up too quickly, if I bend over and get up too quickly, sometimes in the morning when I wake up, and if I exercise and raise my heart rate too much.
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby ForeverSpring » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:18 pm

But you do not see your pulse if you are just sitting quietly and literally staring at the wall? :?
LR1234 wrote:Happens if I get up too quickly, if I bend over and get up too quickly, sometimes in the morning when I wake up, and if I exercise and raise my heart rate too much.
ForeverSpring
Family Member

Postby LR1234 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:24 pm

yes when I am having bad days. I also notice it at night. I haven't got it right now though. I have had some improvements with these sx from LDN and abx and supplements.
LR1234
Family Elder

Postby ForeverSpring » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Thank you for your input.

Does anyone else have a heartbeat throbbing in their eyesight all the time?
ForeverSpring
Family Member

Return to General Discussion