Tell me about high-dose antibiotic treatment

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Tell me about high-dose antibiotic treatment

Postby Just_Me » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:43 am

What are the drugs?
How are they administered?
Why abx vs the CRAB's?
How do I find a doctor willing to try this?
Just_Me
Family Member

Postby Frank » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:07 am

Regarding both ABX and CCSVI:
If you want to take them into regards I would recommend you to the subforums here at thisisms. I'm convinced that its really important to educate yourself to build you own opinion - dont rely on others opinios too much, its YOUR health! For information on the ABX protocol thats a good startingpoint:
http://www.davidwheldon.co.uk/ms-treatment.html

To give you some short answers:
1. In my case its been - indiviuals my vary their regime to some extent: a)Minocyline b)Roxythromycin c)Tinidazole d)NAC supplement
2. Orally (all)
3. CRABs only offer the hope to slow down the dissease in RRMS, ABX might really help and results can be seen pretty quick.
4. I got my prescription from my GP as my neuro felt in my case (RRMS) I should better stick to Copaxone. In Germany its not too difficult to get a prescription as long as you are willing to pay for it by yourself. If you want to hand it to your insurance it can be more difficult.

--Frank
Treatment: Gilenya since 01/2011, CCSVI both IJV ballooned 09/2010, Tysabri stopped after 24 Infusions and positive JCV antibody test, after LDN, ABX Wheldon Regime for 1 year.
Frank
Family Elder

Postby Just_Me » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:15 pm

Thanks Frank.

I have looked at the individual boards for CCSVI & ABX but its confusing so I thought I'd start fresh. I guess I should have posted my questions on those boards instead. :oops:
Just_Me
Family Member

Return to General Discussion