forgetting shit at work

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

forgetting shit at work

Postby scorpion » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Man this week has been bad. i hate MS.
scorpion
Family Elder

Advertisement

Postby hoodyup » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:58 pm

Me, too. And I don't have MS (my wife Boopieup does). Is there such a thing as a "contact exacerbation"? Hang in there, weekend on the way.
Andrew
hoodyup
Family Member

Postby sewwhat » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Feeling the same. Tough week.

Sentences are an obstacle, keep losing my thought train.
Locked my keys in my car.
Confronted by boss about being forgetful.
And one weird thing..every time I ate lunch I bit my lip!

Well TGIF! 8) Next week will be better
sewwhat
Family Member

Postby Johnnymac » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:29 pm

bad weeks sucks.....take it easy this weekend and relax, hopefully next week will be a better one!
Johnnymac
Family Elder

Postby Loobie » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:03 am

I'll tell you, and you all probably do the same thing. I have to write literally everything down. I will forget details about my most important projects right after we talk about them. I had to get a big whiteboard for my office to act as a 'tickler' and then I also put constant reminders out in my Outlook so that shit pops up on my screen saying "don't forget to do this" and things like that. I hate it too. I used to be a human franklin planner. Now I NEED a planner.
Loobie
Family Elder

Postby LoveActually » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:21 pm

I was just thinking that Lew. I already set reminders for appointments and all that other stuff but I'm forgetting the simple things that I should know. Birthdays, anniversaries, HOW A STEERING WHEEL WORKS!

Ge'ez! This morning I had somewhere important to be, I started the car and slowly started to back out of the driveway. Quickly I discovered the stupid steering wheel wouldn't move!??? I put the car in park and spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out was wrong. I called the Hubs but he didn't answer. I called my Mom and she said, "Are you sure the car is on?". Shit!!! It wasn't. I thought I started the car but apparently I didn't.

Totally blaming that one on MS.
October 29, 2009 - Dx with RRMS
June 22, 2010 - Dx's changed to Devic's (NMO)
January 4, 2011 - Dx w/Syringomyelia T4-T9, Migraines, and Possible MS (again - long story)
LoveActually
Family Elder

Postby sewwhat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Lew ~love the big white board idea, going to get one of those for my office.

LoveActually ~thanks for the giggle. Sounds like something I would do.. damn ms lol
sewwhat
Family Member

Postby Just_Me » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:39 pm

LoveActually wrote:I was just thinking that Lew. I already set reminders for appointments and all that other stuff but I'm forgetting the simple things that I should know. Birthdays, anniversaries, HOW A STEERING WHEEL WORKS!

Ge'ez! This morning I had somewhere important to be, I started the car and slowly started to back out of the driveway. Quickly I discovered the stupid steering wheel wouldn't move!??? I put the car in park and spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out was wrong. I called the Hubs but he didn't answer. I called my Mom and she said, "Are you sure the car is on?". Shit!!! It wasn't. I thought I started the car but apparently I didn't.

Totally blaming that one on MS.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just_Me
Family Member

Postby MrsGeorge » Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:23 am

I was on the phone to my husband the other day and then totally forgot I was even on the phone. I started doing something else!

I am always getting told off for forgeting stuff at work. Hmm. LIsts are definitely the way forwards.
MrsGeorge
Family Elder

Postby Loobie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:01 am

Sometimes I even forget what I'm calling to leave a voice mail to myself to remember! I'll be driving and think "shit! I need to leave myself a voice mail about that so I don't forget". By the time the call connects and I've put my extension in, I forget what I called to remind myself about! You have to laugh to keep from crying!
Loobie
Family Elder

Postby me_x_5 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:25 am

Thanks for posting this I needed to read all of this, Ive been in my car going to a appt. and and all of a sudden i cant remember where im going how i got where I am and then when I catch up I cant remember how to get to the place that ive been going to since i was 18 , omg , thought i was going coo coo for cocopuffs!! WOW
me_x_5
Family Member

not MS, but wow am I forgetful

Postby JenniferF » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:21 am

Not an MS one, but here is my funny forgetting things story for the weekend.

Background: So Saturday the church did an day-long advent program for the kids (I'm a sunday school teacher - for this event, I teach the same class seven times as kids rotate through). One of the students has some kind of disability, very rigid (spastic) body.

So it's time to do the craft, and she tells me to move her so she's lying on the table, because that's how she works. No problem (I've seen it done, but my first time being the one who gets to move kid), she gives good step by step instructions, so far so good.

So I'm holding about 40lbs of stiff, don't-bend-me-wrong-or-it-hurts 4th grader, midway between chair and table, and someone comes to the classroom door for something. I turn, *and completely forget I am holding the child* as I go to answer whatever the question was or whatever. I hear "oh oh!" from my student, and I remember, "Oh wait, I'm holding somebody!" Ack. Sorry.

Did manage to put her on table without further excitement. (Ironically, she told me I did a really good job moving her around. Which makes me wonder how bad her other helpers are . . .)

I guess it's a consolation: any MS-induced forgetfulness will have to get really impressive before anyone here notices.

Jen.
JenniferF
Family Member

Postby scorpion » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:29 am

Thanks guys. Your posts helped! Also thanks for your suggestion Loobie! I will start carrying around a little trusty notebook to help with my 80 year old memory!
scorpion
Family Elder

Postby Loobie » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:06 pm

I had been using one of those "memo pads"; you know the ones that actually DO fit in your pocket? Well that quickly had to be replaced by 8 1/2 x 11 as it was just not big enough! I mean I have to write EVERYTHING down; it sucks, but you already know that!
Loobie
Family Elder

Postby Lyon » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:17 pm

Last edited by Lyon on Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyon
Family Elder

Next

Return to General Discussion