Raynaud's Phenomenon & MS

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Algis
Family Elder

Post by Algis »

Could you develop your idea? It seems correct to me that a neurovascular peripheral nerve disorder can result from small fiber peripheral neuropathy (?) - But I may miss something :?
euphoniaa
Volunteer Moderator

Post by euphoniaa »

Algis wrote:Could you develop your idea? It seems correct to me that a neurovascular peripheral nerve disorder can result from small fiber peripheral neuropathy (?) - But I may miss something :?
Hmmm...not sure what "idea" you're talking about. I don't have any ideas. I knew I shouldn't have brought the "hot, red, flushing" thing into the thread. :) I just know that it's one of the things that people keep bringing up to "prove" CCSVI for some reason, but I don't get it.

Hey...can someone "develop" my idea for me? I'm not sure what it is. :D
Dx'd with MS & HNPP (hereditary peripheral neuropathy) 7/03 but must have had MS for 30 yrs before that. I've never taken meds for MS except 1 yr experiment on LDN. (I found diet, exercise, sleep, humor, music help me the most.)
ElMarino
Family Elder

Post by ElMarino »

Just out of interest, does anyone with MS here actually not have Reynaud's
unusually cold extremities from time to time?
Apologies for my terrible username. I never thought I'd use the forum much when I registered..
Terry
Family Elder

Post by Terry »

I don't.
ElMarino
Family Elder

Post by ElMarino »

Ah, ok then. Fair enough :)
Apologies for my terrible username. I never thought I'd use the forum much when I registered..
gypsyflyer

Re: Raynaud's Phenomenon & MS

Post by gypsyflyer »

I have MS and Raynauds. When my hands are cold (freezing) and my body skin is cool to the touch I'm feeling okay. When it isn't nobody better come near me. I hate the heat with a passion.
:geek:
AAA7353

Re:

Post by AAA7353 »

Guest wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm Raynaud’s syndrom is strongly associated with scleroderma and lupus. Not with MS. I have a purple–red–blue–white kind of discoloration of my hands, but it’s nothing like Raynaud’s syndrom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rayna ... ndrome.jpg PICTURES
I have had Raynaud's since 19 years old. Diagnosed MS at age 38. Was told with my first symptom of MS it may be Lupus. (blindness in one eye) After many tests including MRI dxed with MS. Neurologist said you may have both Lupus and MS together. He said it's not that unusual. Tests are borderline for Lupus and sometimes they show nothing. BTW I am 66 years of age now.
I do have other signs and symptoms of Lupus, like Alopecia areata since 5 yrs old. (mother had it too).
After a lot of frustration my neurologist's NP told me they have several MS patients with Raynaud's.
To complicate matters further, about 4 yrs ago started having opposite symptoms to the Raynaud's. Very painful and mixed symptoms. I was diagnosed with Erythromelalgia. (aka, Mitchell's disease)
So my purpose of writing this is to let other patients know that your Raynaud's may be caused by the MS.
MS is a frustrating and sometimes a very mysterious illness. I have unusual symptoms but my "MRI's clearly show MS." I was always suspicious that I was diagnosed incorrectly. So at 66 I suffer from Raynaud's and the opposite, Erythromelalgia and all the symptoms like severe muscle spasms especially around the entire torso. Frustration further lives on as I have degenerative disc disease and have an active ms lesion and a slightly bulging disc in the thoracic spinal cord. So which is it? I use my arms and go into severe pain. I had an "attack" last year that lasted for months around the torso.
My mom had a similar symptom. Never dxed with MS. But I think she may have had lupus.
I have osteoarthritis but no more than other people my age although mine started pretty young.
Had a ruptured disc due to the degenerative disc disease. My feet are a mess with neuromas in both of them and arthritis. Also have neuropathy with the Erythromelalgia I really suffer. Loaded with callouses that cannot be removed completely, I try everything to keep them at bay.
Okay gave you novel to read, thank you if you made it reading this far.
My heart goes out to all of you. Do the best you can every day.
Try not to let family, friends or others take advantage or aggravate you.
I had that in my life, big time. "you look okay" was the big like they'd give me.
God bless all who suffer in this life. Many do, as demonstrated by the number of people in the doctors' offices.
One final word of advice. Get several opinions to insure the correct diagnosis. Also for treatment advice.
Good luck to all of you.

Return to “General Discussion”