Its Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Its Multiple Sclerosis Awareness month

Post by OneEyeBlind »

Just a reminder to everybody that March is Multiple Sclerosis Awareness Month.

I need to complain. :!: Other Diseases (like Breast cancer for example) get sooo much attention. Commercials, Radio air time, Posters etc., while you never hear anything about MS. I mean the whole idea of a National MS awareness month is to spread the word and educate right? How come I never see or hear anything??? Do you?

While I realize that people do not die from MS, the fact that it is so debilitating and effects so many people, I would think there would be more action on a National level to spread the word and educate the public about its effects and finding a cure.

I know that many of us with MS are kind of hush-hush about having it, but there is no reason why National or even the Pharmaceutical companies can’t educate the general public about its effects, how wide spread it is and the fact there is no cure! Maybe by enlightening the general public there would be more effort and more support to find the cure.

To my thinking, If more people were aware, then the chances of finding a cure would be that much greater…Does that make sense?
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Post by OddDuck »

I agree! That's why I am urging anyone and everyone to take advantage NOW of journalists and reporters' interest in MS at the moment.

Take action, people. I have already spoken to John Lauerman at Bloomberg.........you should, also!

Now's your chance to get the word out about MS and the plight that MSers face! Let's do more than just "talk" on here!

Don't back down now!

OneEyeBlind............would you like Mr. Lauerman's email address? He will respond right away, I can assure you!

Deb

EDIT: John Lauerman at Bloomberg: JLAUERMAN@bloomberg.net
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Post by OneEyeBlind »

Hey Deb,

Yes, I would like that very much! Thank you! :!:

Lets work together! Lets find a cure!! :wink:
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!