The Media has noticed MS! Do your part!

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

The Media has noticed MS! Do your part!

Postby OddDuck » Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:21 am

Hi, everyone.

As you may have noticed in other posts, another opportunity to get our voices finally heard in relationship to the MS cause and the plight of MS sufferers has presented itself. The media has come to us!

I have spoken with John Lauerman from the Bloomberg News. He is doing a news piece and therefore is currently focused on MS (as a result of the Tysabri matter) and would like to interview those suffering from MS.

This is also MS Awareness Month, so the timing couldn't be better for us!

Please help by doing your part in getting the word out.

I have spoken to Mr. Lauerman and trust me, it was a fun experience.

PLEASE contact him at jlauerman@bloomberg.net

Thanks, everybody!

Deb

EDIT: For those who are not sure exactly who the Bloomberg News is, this will give an explanation:

http://about.bloomberg.com/pressctr/factsheets/news.pdf
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Advertisement

Postby Arron » Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:32 am

great post, Deb. Thanks for this.
Disclaimer: Any information you find on this site should not be considered medical advice. All decisions should be made with the consent of your doctor, otherwise you are at your own risk.
Arron
Volunteer Moderator

Postby CCmom » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:55 am

Great job, Deb. I already emailed him. Take care!

Kim
Kim R.
CCmom
Volunteer Moderator

Postby OddDuck » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:57 am

Great!

Thanks to you guys, too, and you also take care!!

:)

Deb
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Hi Deb..

Postby JoyceF » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:33 pm

Would he be interested in LDN users? I know there is a story there for sure. Just not sure what he is looking for I guess. Joyce.
JoyceF
Family Elder

Postby OddDuck » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:03 pm

Probably not, unless you have a specific opinion regarding Tysabri. His focus is regarding the Tysabri matter as it relates to MS.

Although, that would be his call to make, not mine, of course. Contact him and ask. I'm sure there would be no harm. He seemed to be a very likeable and nice guy.

Deb
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Oh...well that clears that up..lol.

Postby JoyceF » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:48 pm

Oh that makes sense then that he is doing a piece on the Tysabri thing only. I just wasn't sure based on your post. Thanks for clearing it up though..*s*. Hey, will you be at the LDN conference this June 11th in New York. I just heard that there are 50+ people signed up. Should be very interesting to say the least.
JoyceF
Family Elder

Postby OddDuck » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:18 am

Well, the Tysabri thing is his "angle", shall we say. If you plant the right seeds, though, when talking to reporters (I'm sure he'll laugh like crazy at me over this one), you can make other "points" while you are at it. :wink: Trust me, I made sure he KNEW that this type of problem (MS being taken advantage of and/or not getting the attention it needs) was prevelant! (To name just one lead-in. And I made sure he realized this was MS Awareness Month.) Oh, there's a way to get your point across, allright. Plus, it never hurts to have a professional connection with a reporter. :wink:

I'm afraid that I'm not able to travel much. Wish I could more often, though. So unfortunately, no, I won't be able to come to New York. (Although I will admit, it has been on my mind lately as a trip to plan sometime in the near future.)

Deb
OddDuck
Contributing Author

Return to General Discussion