Saw my first commercial

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.

Saw my first commercial

Postby OneEyeBlind » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:48 am

Today, March 9th, 2005 I saw for the first time, a Multiple Sclerosis Awareness walk-a-thon commercial! 9 days into the month!

The thing that gets me is that Breast Cancer advertisements run every other commercial! I have no quarrels with Breast Cancer and I applaud the way they advertise to make people aware of it and of their fund raising efforts!

I do not think MS gets the attention it deserves! And it affects a lot more people!!

Get with it National:!:
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

Advertisement

Postby BioDocFL » Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:32 pm

OneEyeBlind,

I believe the MS Awareness Month is sponsored by the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation and they call it National MS Education and Awareness Month. I'm not sure what the NMSS has to do with it or what is the NMSS's effort. It would be good if all the organizations were heavily involved.

http://www.msfocus.org/programs_events/prog_edumth.html

Wesley
BioDocFL
Family Elder

Postby OneEyeBlind » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:12 am

Thank you Wesley.
Karen (OneEyeBlind) :wink:

* I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!
OneEyeBlind
Family Member

I agree - Both need visability!

Postby SlowI » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:01 pm

Dear One Eye,
I agree, I wish that MS had broader awareness and understanding. I think it would help us all.

I don't know what you meant by "it affects alot more people", and it made me wonder where MS ranks on the affected list, so I went to check. Right now there are slightly over 2 million women living in the US who have been treated for breast cancer according to the American Cancer Society, so I think they have more affected.

Both causes need the visability, and I agree and applaud their efforts. It would be good to get more visability and a more accurate picture out there. Thanks for bringing up the subject!

SlowI
SlowI
Getting to Know You...

Return to General Discussion