Anyone else fundraising for the MS Walk?

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
Meegs
Family Member

Anyone else fundraising for the MS Walk?

Post by Meegs »

Just wondering if anyone else is fundraising this year?

This will be the 5th year for me. Between my dad and I we've raised over $13000 over the 5 years... Although I had a really bad relapse last year a week before the Walk to i technically didn't complete the walk, but i still sent in my pledges

I made a video to go along with my pledge page:

Let me know what you think :)

Hope everyone is well!
foreignlesion
Family Member

Post by foreignlesion »

I will be fundraising again this year.

Last year was my first year, as it was very shortly after my diagnosis. In three weeks, my team of 8 raised almost $5000 and we were the top rookie team. It was very new to us, and we felt somewhat like outsiders and I even think some people took offense to our team name (The Foreign Lesion), but it was good for me to feel the support of my friends and family. I think we may have been a little self conscious, as it was all so new to us and it hadn't sunk in yet.

I think fundraising this year may be more important than ever, as I have heard rumour of some people pulling out because they feel like the MS society isn't supportive of CCSVI. I think if we truly wish the MS society to be supportive, we need to support them. By denying them funds they become less able to help and they do much more for us than just one piece of the puzzle.

Having said this, I wonder if I get any glares for our name this year?

Foreign Lesion - The Liberation Army
Meegs
Family Member

Post by Meegs »

hahaha... that name is brilliant!!!!

I also felt singled out when I first started... but i figured, it's a fundraiser!!! I shouldn't have to apologize for being good at raising money :P

Keep it up foreign lesion :D !