theories about MS and other diseases

If it's on your mind and it has to do with multiple sclerosis in any way, post it here.
tara97
Family Elder

theories about MS and other diseases

Post by tara97 »

Porphyria is thought to be rare having an occurrence of 1:100,000 but it is widely accepted that its true prevalence could be as much as 100X that. In France, they randomly tested the DNA of the general population and found its frequency to be as much as 1:1600. It is believed to be latent in most and can be activated by environmental stresses. It has been linked to neuropathy, schizophrenia, ADD, thyroid disease, osteoporosis and autoimmune disease etc. We can’t look at this disease as an equal to others. It is the great how and why that many are looking for when they are suffering from a what and a where. It is autosomal dominant and metabolic and one cant be more simplistic than this. If porphyria is the mom than environmental stresses are dad and its children manifest in infinite ways. We are becoming xenobiotic monstrosities.
One must have to consider who is affected to truly appreciate the levity of this disorder. It effects all races but Caucasians are the most effected. In other words the original mutation has to be older than time in order for this to occur. Older than racial evolution. So why are those of European decent so much more effected. I propose that ethnocentricity, nationalism and industrialization may have played a role and perhaps an elevated susceptibility to UV and nowadays more exposure. I ask what if in our vast population, we are experiencing inbreeding depression.
Schizophrenia and MS have an epidemiological correlation related to geography. Both occur in the northern hemisphere at a latitude of 40 and above. its is believed that deer ticks may play a role. I ask what else has occurred along that line? One answer could be industrialization or European colonization.
If creative intelligence is correlated more with insanity than conventional intelligence then I ask why has ingenuity been a continuous attribute of those of European decent. It is through psychosis that epiphanies occur and inventions are made.
Then I ask open ended questions like
What is fibromyalgia really?
How come MSers have b12 deficiency, liver problems, abdominal pain called ms hug?
Why do people with lupus tend to have “fibromyalgia” first?
Why does a study of fibromyalgia patients find that they generally are weaker than rheumatology patients who don’t suffer from neuropathy?
Why do people with lupus have neuropathy or psychosis?
How many forms of inherited schizophrenia are there?
Why is Chinese paralytic syndrome occurring now?
Do some of these diseases sound a little redundant?
What is POEMS?
What is eosinophilia myalgia?
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around does it still make a sound or if we are not looking for the cause but rather the damage that has been left behind how would we even know the sound that genetics is making. I am not saying that it is the all time cause but it certainly should not be over looked.
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

Tara-I posted a reply to your "MS hug and porphyria" thread--please look at it.
jml945
Family Member

Post by jml945 »

I have not been DX with MS but I have a lot of the common symptoms. I recently had a blood test done that shows abnormally high liver enzymes. This also happened several years ago when I had blood tests done.

I didn't know there was a connection between MS and abnormal liver function. Very interesting.
tara97
Family Elder

Post by tara97 »

I saw it. check your inbox for a message
shye
Family Elder

Post by shye »

sorry Tare, but there is no message in my inbox