Day 4 on Gilenya

Gilenya, or Fingolimod, is the first approved oral disease modifying drug for MS.
mandamurr81
Getting to Know You...

Day 4 on Gilenya

Post by mandamurr81 »

I started Gilenya on Saturday. I don't know what I was expecting. I was a little fatigued the first couple of days. Other than that nothing has happened, good or bad. Just a not for anyone interested in starting.
CureOrBust
Family Elder

Re: Day 4 on Gilenya

Post by CureOrBust »

I have been on it for about 2 weeks, and I cannot say I have noticed anything that is not within the day to day change of MS symptoms :sad: but one could also point out, I have not had a relapse in those two weeks...
Loriyas
Family Elder

Post by Loriyas »

Could you two update your experiences with Gilyena? I just returned from neuro appt and she was very positive about it. It is a large practice and they have approx 50 patients on it.
valnphx

Post by valnphx »

I'm on my 3rd week of Gilenya and so far no complaints! A Dr. and Nurse watched me take my first dose. It was very anti-climatic, lol. I felt slighty dizzy a few hours after taking it and maybe a bit more tired than usual for a few days, but nothing extreme or that gave my any worry. So far I would give it an A rating. Hopefully it's quietly doing it's job :smile:
Aprillynn

Post by Aprillynn »

mandamurr81 wrote:I started Gilenya on Saturday. I don't know what I was expecting. I was a little fatigued the first couple of days. Other than that nothing has happened, good or bad. Just a not for anyone interested in starting.
I have been on Gilenya for about 2 years now...it may play with your BP just keep an eye on it...other then that no side effects here...